sway bar on 11 and 12

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guy i know with a 2011 freeride took the swaybar out and said it was quite a diiference,so took mine out today on my 2011 everest , try it out next weekend.anyone else try it?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I rode my 2012 with the sway bar connected for 800 km and have ridden with it disconnected for 200 km and haven't noticed much difference. I'm thinking with the S36 front end the disconnected sway bar is really noticeable.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the quick disconnect on mine. I like the sway bar in on the trail, and unhook it when I get to the hill.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been doing that for years, 02 onward. don't really need a sway bar for the steep n deep.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all pulled them out in 08 and for 2011 we actually put in a heavier 08 swaybar. If the suspension is set up correctly, you don't want the shock to compress when initiating a sidehill or it will kick in and out when on the rough stuff. The trick to the cats and Poos for sidehilling is largely due to the stiff suspension that gives control. The trick for the summit is to have the suspension light on the skis so it is still very easy to pull up onto one ski.

In Your Neck

Reaction score
Website
www.destroyerlacrosse.com
My buddy bought the quick connect for the sway bar on his 2010 Rev. He doesnt even put back in now, says its way better for him in the deep snow side hilling and just all around less effort for deep snow manouvers. If you are hard core trail rider you would want it in but for the short trails up to the mountains no problem just a small rider adjustment.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode my 2012 with the sway bar connected for 800 km and have ridden with it disconnected for 200 km and haven't noticed much difference. I'm thinking with the S36 front end the disconnected sway bar is really noticeable.

So it is noticable or isn't?? sounds like a contradiction or do you not have the S-36 front end?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So it is noticable or isn't?? sounds like a contradiction or do you not have the S-36 front end?

Just re-read that post and yes it is a contradiction. Must had a wobbly pop that night, eh!

Should have read "with the disconnected sway bar and the S36 front end there isn't a noticeable difference in the powder."

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I noticed a differance on my freeride after un hooking the sway bar,, tips over a bit more easy IMO and holds better not fighting to come back over,, but that freeride is a wider heavier sled so I think its harder to roll over,, I want to ride an X and see...
someone mentioned the shock loading, yes kinda true but didnt notice it to push me around or spring back or anything so not sure aBOUT THAT THOUGHT... BUT MAYBE IN HARD PACK
I want to pull it out but have not yet,,, save me half pound lol

Top Bottom