Swan Hills Poker Rally

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the Swan Hills Poker Rally but i heard it is about a 100km and i was going to take my 6 year old. I was wondering if this would be to much for him? Has anyone taken there kids on a trek like this? Also roughly how many hours would this take to complete at an average speed. I also have a 2008 M1000 should i take extra fuel? Any info would be appriciated.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the Swan Hills Poker Rally but i heard it is about a 100km and i was going to take my 6 year old. I was wondering if this would be to much for him? Has anyone taken there kids on a trek like this? Also roughly how many hours would this take to complete at an average speed. I also have a 2008 M1000 should i take extra fuel? Any info would be appriciated.
You should be ok for fuel......we did the run on sat....that included a few un touched cut lines and a few stucks.....good ones.... and lots of fuel to spare. it is a bit of a run probably not the best thing for kids (on there own) and a bit long as a passenger, but opinions vary.sounds like were gonna get snow later in the week up there so it should be a good ride. and again lots of untouched cut lines to play around in .........just take buddies as a stuck could happen easy with the little crust and sugar.

belch22

Reaction score
I would take extra fuel if I were you...can never go wrong, especially if you ride hard...or get stuck a lot :beer:

letitsnow

Reaction score
We were at the Fox Creek Rally this past weekend, we figured it to be about 80km. We took our 2 1/2 year old, first ride on a sled ever, she did great, even fell asleep. She was with my husband on his sled and it took us 4 1/2- 5 hours, but we weren't in a hurry and had a few stops. Didn't use much fuel at all, but we were also going slow. Hope you decide to go, have fun :)

Top Bottom