swamplite tread removal

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope this is in the right section. I've got swamplites and kinda starting to dislike them, was wondering if anybody has removed every other side lug inside and out, I'm thinking this would make them a little more grabby for lack of better words. Has anyone done this? If not then I'll let ya know how it goes.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope this is in the right section. I've got swamplites and kinda starting to dislike them, was wondering if anybody has removed every other side lug inside and out, I'm thinking this would make them a little more grabby for lack of better words. Has anyone done this? If not then I'll let ya know how it goes.

How many KM's on them? When mine got about 40% wore out I didnt like the traction. I put a new set on and loved them again. For the price they can be swapped out pretty early.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say that if u took off every 2nd lug they would be worse..... cause they have small lugs to start with...... then u have even less lugs to grip

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to another guy on a different site and he said they have alot more traction after he did his, seen some picks he put up, said they don't ride as smooth but liked the traction.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to another guy on a different site and he said they have alot more traction after he did his, seen some picks he put up, said they don't ride as smooth but liked the traction.

huh ....

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well cut off every other tread and what a difference, the tire seems to hook up alot better now. Before I couldn"t even pull a wheelie because the tire would just spinout now it lifts the front end up without the spinout. The tire seems to cleanout better in the mud as well giving better traction.

Top Bottom