Suzuki King Quad 750

AC4life

Reaction score
Am about to trade my '05 Brute Force 750 in on a new king quad 750. My brute has had a very hard life (many quad rallies and pulls). It was a good bike to me, but i would like to try something different and have heard many good things about the king quads. Im sure i will miss the v-twin power out of the hole but i am looking forward to the ride and dependability of the king quad. Just wondering if anyone has heard any good or bad things about the new motor in the KQ...the chassis, suspension are all the same just bigger displacement...

AC4life

Reaction score
Wow, cant complain with getting that kinda mileage out of a bike with next to NO maintenance. I ride with a few guys that have 700 kinq quads, and they all claim that they are great bikes that are maintenance free. I plan on keeping it fairly stock...rims, tires, snorkel and maybe exhaust if theres a good system for the suzies. I was running a pro cicuit system on my brute and it was awesome. Very loud!!! If anyone knows of a good exhaust system for the KQ let me know...thanks!!

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only bad thing I have seen or heard about them is they seem to get warm faster (fan kicks on more than it should IMO, but it hasn't overheated), and they are slower at the top end (not that big of a deal 99% of the time). Other than that my friend back in Minnesotta has had great luck with his.

AC4life

Reaction score
do you mean that the 750s are slower top end then the 700s were? Cause the 700s had some pretty good top end speed. It was the bottom end where they were lacking.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I mean compared to other machines the similar size. Could of just been that machine as well (or rider). Like I said. 99% of the time it isn't an issue.

AC4life

Reaction score
Ya, speed is not a big issue with the kind of riding i do. It is bottom to mid range that makes er go in the thick stuff. I have always heard in the past that in terms of top end speed that king quads were one of the quickest. I know that my Brute would get me from bottom to mid range quick, but didn't have much for top end!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 750s have aside from more CC's been tweaked and are supposed to be considerably/noticeably more powerful than the 700's

davee26

Reaction score
the 750s have aside from more CC's been tweaked and are supposed to be considerably/noticeably more powerful than the 700's

I just bought my king quad 750 3 weeks a go and I only had the chance to race against a 2003 predator 500...He was faster on the start but has for top end speed we were pretty much the same...fastest I went was about 116 km/hour, so about 72,73 mph...

Overhal and untill now, I really like my quad.

AC4life

Reaction score
Nothing the matter with that for top speed. Alot faster then my old brute force thats forsure. Thats running stock tires tho right? Do you have anything else done to it. Im picking up mine on tuesday, trading the brute force in. Cant wait!!!!!

davee26

Reaction score
Nothing the matter with that for top speed. Alot faster then my old brute force thats forsure. Thats running stock tires tho right? Do you have anything else done to it. Im picking up mine on tuesday, trading the brute force in. Cant wait!!!!!

Your right my friend, I did this speed on stock tires!! I was suppose to put what they call down here the "BigFoot kit" but im afraid to lose too much on the speed. It's 14 inches instead of 12 inches rims with 27 instead of 25 for tires...so for those who are really into muds should be really good, but as for me, most of my friends have speed quads so I wanna be able to catch up with them and do a bit of everything. The only mod I have for now is 2500 lbs warn winch. Im thinking about a KNN but I heard it's a pain due to the fact that you have to clean it after almost every ride???..and also about a clutch kit that supposely gives you a better top end?? What about you, are planning to add any mods on your new KQ 750?

What color have you choose...Mine is all black and I im really satisfy with my choice. Hope you'll enjoy your KQ as much as I do !!

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I GPSed my KQ 700 with my bride on the back at 115 km/h with 27" Bear Claws. Who cares about top speeds like that anyway. A quad is for off roading and not many off roads allow you to go that fast. Sheesh.

davee26

Reaction score
I GPSed my KQ 700 with my bride on the back at 115 km/h with 27" Bear Claws. Who cares about top speeds like that anyway. A quad is for off roading and not many off roads allow you to go that fast. Sheesh.

heuuu, I do care!!..loll...if you don,t care about top end speed, why did you GPSEd it??? I love off roading but I like it very much when I can follow speed quads when it's time to gun it!

AC4life

Reaction score
I agree with snowdin. Top speed is not a big issue with me, as most of the riding i do is in the boonies. But it is nice to have some top end speed when you get out in the open. I will be running my KQ on 27" mudlites, on c7 ITP rims. Other then that the only mods i have planned are a snorkel and possibly a pipe of some sort. Does anyone know of an aftermarket exhaust system for the new KQ???

davee26

Reaction score
I agree with snowdin. Top speed is not a big issue with me, as most of the riding i do is in the boonies. But it is nice to have some top end speed when you get out in the open. I will be running my KQ on 27" mudlites, on c7 ITP rims. Other then that the only mods i have planned are a snorkel and possibly a pipe of some sort. Does anyone know of an aftermarket exhaust system for the new KQ???

I called a week ago for an aftermarket pipe, and they propose me a FMF at 450$ and the yosh at 525$. But it's not a full exhaust system, only a slip-on so I wanna make sure before I bought it that it's worth the price. The guy told me that I need to buy a power commander if I want a feel a good difference. Does anyone knows if it's worth it? Thanks

Top Bottom