Supercharge Your Rhino Or Rzr!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Nor-Val

Reaction score
Tried the supercharger on the Rhino, did not work on the 660 !!! We had one of the best Yamaha Mechanics in Canada install it and the support from MPI was dismal to say the least. The location of the unit is under the passenger seat and it is very open to water and mud. The electric fan is mounted in the same place to push air through the intercooler, so you can imagine what happens everytime you go near a puddle. The unit must have been designed for the dunes where it is as dry as a bone. I would not recommend the supercharger to anyone who rides in Canada at all. Even in the Sled world MPI is not known for very good product support, at least north of the border.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have herd the same thing. It isn't very good for our Terrain. Just put a clutch kit in and a chip or CDI box , air intake kit and that made a huge difference in performance.

newfiedoo

Reaction score
hey snoseeker what air intake are you using...and what kind of performance gains did you notice???....got the clutch kit and cdi air intake is next...did you have to re-jet??? Thanks

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey snoseeker what air intake are you using...and what kind of performance gains did you notice???....got the clutch kit and cdi air intake is next...did you have to re-jet??? Thanks

I am not sure what the intake is called. I got it from E&S and they stock them. I put a MPI cdi in and that made a hug difference. With the kit and teh cdi I top out now at 79 kms. After the lift kit went on I top out at 74 kms. The big difference I noticed is that my machine wasn't choking itself out anymore. The rev limiter is gone and the reverse works alot better. I am not sure what they did with the jetting. You would have to call Darren @ E&S and ask him. Tell him you were talking with me and he will hook you up as I have sent them alot of business , also talk to Josh in parts and tell him the same and he will get u a good discount. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom