Super Sidewinder 2018

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the changes i'm doing is installing a Shockwave, this will allow for more/better tuning at the clutch, i also have a new ratio.
My goal is to have this sled consistent at 65mph with the current stock tune. So i need to pull another 2-3 more mph to get that.

Ill have to make it out your way this season and do some comparisons, be nice to get on a level playing field and do some real world tests. See if these flashed ecu's are worth it.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s not much of an argument for a 4S...better get that thing some HP! I don’t care what anyone says, super hard to beat a juiced up Evolution Built Cat a few years ago....

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s not much of an argument for a 4S...better get that thing some HP! I don’t care what anyone says, super hard to beat a juiced up Evolution Built Cat a few years ago....
The argument for a 4S is I will be on 3 engines before he needs to change his oil. We went up a against a aero charger T3 174 with baker skid that weekend and smoked it too.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill have to make it out your way this season and do some comparisons, be nice to get on a level playing field and do some real world tests. See if these flashed ecu's are worth it.

Alot of the hp is hidden in the clutching and you can power up and reflash but if you can't figure the clutching its wasted hp.
Let me know if your in the neighborhood.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Like Niner said, it hasn't happen yet, not even close and it's not for the lack of trying and that's 100% stock tune....LOL

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One other argument is resale. Your turbo Axys is forsale, your going to take a $10000 hit or more on that sled. Only way you will get decent money is if you waffle it. Not everyone makes farming money, a lot of sledders only have oilfield income.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s Yamaha’s next step to light weight 4 stroke technology ...get rid of the cam shaft gears and chain

https://newatlas.com/camcon-digital-iva-valve-system/55827/

I believe that there is much misconception out there about the new mountain Yamaha and that’s understandable. Most that have no experience with Yamaha believe the Sidewinder is just another 4stroke Viper that was rebadged by Yamaha for sell’s. That is the farthest thing from true. The Sidewinder and the Viper might look alike but are very different animals. The advancements in the new Winder with the engine alone has changed perceptions with many.
That would be like saying the T3 and G4 are basically the same and basically a G4 is a repaneled and rebadge T3. LOL

The day of the $30-$50,000 big power is something of the past, todays Sidewinder will put to shame yesterday’s monster turbo’s.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The argument for a 4S is I will be on 3 engines before he needs to change his oil. We went up a against a aero charger T3 174 with baker skid that weekend and smoked it too.

Sorry boss but whoopty do... if you’re going to build a 4S then build something with some get up and go...and yes I have had several at different stages and never has a Turbo 2S even come close on a hill drag. Impressive PRO, obviously set up pretty good and works well.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that there is much misconception out there about the new mountain Yamaha and that’s understandable. Most that have no experience with Yamaha believe the Sidewinder is just another 4stroke Viper that was rebadged by Yamaha for sell’s. That is the farthest thing from true. The Sidewinder and the Viper might look alike but are very different animals. The advancements in the new Winder with the engine alone has changed perceptions with many.
That would be like saying the T3 and G4 are basically the same and basically a G4 is a repaneled and rebadge T3. LOL

The day of the $30-$50,000 big power is something of the past, todays Sidewinder will put to shame yesterday’s monster turbo’s.

Maybe in some cases yes, but an evolution super chute M1100 is still not touchable by a sidewinder with comparable goodies. I have a few friends that have spent some big bucks on the Yamaha and I’ll say they rip pretty good there is no argument there but point and shoot they get roasted. Now....if you wanna talk dollars then for $25,000 less than a $50,000 CAT you can have a sidewinder that will pull your arms out all day long and keep you smiling...so I agree but disagree slightly..lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the general consent when it come's to BOV's on the Winder. I'm looking into possibly replacing mine before it fail's.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the general consent when it come's to BOV's on the Winder. I'm looking into possibly replacing mine before it fail's.

I had a Tial bov kicking around in the garage. So built some aluminum intercooler piping and used that. Depending on what you do for piping would depend on the BOV. You keeping the factory piping or aftermarket silcone then I would go with something like the Evo one where it works directly with the piping.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
27625126_10155269259547371_6597443920682017615_o.jpg

Painted the intercooler pipes black after final fitment, but here is how some aluminum piping looks.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice set up lunch Box, the aluminum piping will also help cool. You custom built the pipes?

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice set up lunch Box, the aluminum piping will also help cool. You custom built the pipes?

Ya I used to do custom fabrication at a automotive performance shop a long time ago, so busted out the welder again. Didn't like the silicone piping that was offered so just decided to do this. At the time no one was offering aluminum piping.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I used to do custom fabrication at a automotive performance shop a long time ago, so busted out the welder again. Didn't like the silicone piping that was offered so just decided to do this. At the time no one was offering aluminum piping.

Well i'm impressed, nice job. What power up your running?

Top Bottom