Summit Cabin lost in fire

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Summit Cabin Lost in Fire

On Saturday, May 12th the Summit Cabin site was leveled by fire, including outhouse and woodshed. The Cabin was insured and we are talking to cabin builders to get the replacement cabin ready for the sledding season. SRD has stated that the fire was not from natural causes and currently under investigation. See picture below....

summit.JPG

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have a previous picture?..i hope its not the one im thinking of:(

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

On Saturday, May 12th the Summit Cabin site was leveled by fire, including outhouse and woodshed. The Cabin was insured and we are talking to cabin builders to get the replacement cabin ready for the sledding season. SRD has stated that the fire was not from natural causes and currently under investigation. See picture below....

summit.JPG

that sucks Chet, sorry to hear!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the one just off of the Groat Creek Road - South/West of Whitecourt. You would have been at it on the Saturday of the Poker Rally the last few years...

chrislink

Reaction score
How close to whitecourt is that cabin.we have a cabin between edson and silver summit ski hill.when I heard I thought that was the one, by the sounds of it ,it's not. Is this correct?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to see this happen. You guys looking for ASA help to rebuild. Add to your application?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How close to whitecourt is that cabin.we have a cabin between edson and silver summit ski hill.when I heard I thought that was the one, by the sounds of it ,it's not. Is this correct?
Nope it's the next one towards Whitecourt, about a Km off Groat road at Km 10. Your cabin by Tom Hill Tower road is still standing as far as anyone knows.....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear......... Hope they catch the bastages!!! Do you guys leave the cabin unlocked year around?
Yup, quadders and hunters often use it. Last year some losers tried to tow the wood stove out through the door. Got it jammed in the doorway and ruined the stove and the doorway, almost pulled the wall off the foundation.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reminder of the meeting tomorrow night, 7:30 in the basement of the Whitecourt Legion to discuss our options for the rebuild of the Summit Cabin.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
:confused::confused:

summit.JPG

Forest fire got it?

Top Bottom