summit 800 pop and quit

HANES347

Reaction score
i was carving a few weekends ago in mcbride and my 02 summit 800 popped like a back fire and quit...??
it has lots of spark 130 lbs compression..but wont get fuel?? i can put little in the cyclinder and will run for short period..
any ideas?
fuel pump??

HANES347

Reaction score
after it sits for hour it will start for about 2 seconds then quit again..so i would say it not running

HANES347

Reaction score
wouldnt it run on one cyclinder?? i guess if somethin got in tank both coupld be plugged..?? could i try holding it wide open since that is using main jet??

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, especially if it runs if you pour a little fuel in it........ Possible plugged fuel filter(in tank), possible fuel pump problem, possible poor compression resulting in poor vacuum to operate the fuel pump...... Did you check your pto side crankshaft seal? Did it happen to "pop out" of place?? This causes the same problem.....seen it happen several times now.

HANES347

Reaction score
i was not sure there was a fuel filter inside the tank?? good to no!! it has 130 lbs compression..and i have not checked the crankcase seal..i will doo :) thank you

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get your sled up and running again??

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Top Bottom