summit 1000

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where do get pods for this thing ? tryed looking on the k+n website no luck

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Magic usually carries the Kick-Ass pod filters and K&N prefilters. Just need to route and mount your sensors. They will tell you the best place to mount them. Its really easy.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got my pods bought them used with the outer sleaves now i need to do the electrical mod has anyone done this. it's like changing the lp fuel pump and adding better grounding and a relay

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just finished a few mods fuel pump relocate,t stat,after market can, added a relay to the fuel pump , bigger ground wire to the moter , extra power wire to the fuse box and pods should be good to go but i just noticed on an outher post seeing what looks like a brace where do i get one?shoppingcart111 ?

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
egt sensors post #13 in the picture i see a brace thats not on mine. have seen braces that mount under the engine but not like that maybe i'm seeing somthing wrong

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just took it for a test ride with my son and let her rip man its got a lot of power:d. first time i hit the gas shoot my son of the back told him he better hold on better lol.have to add t stat the moter would not warm up past 110 i think it should run about 160 ???

cdnsleddog

Reaction score
You mentioned a few posts back that you installed a tstat. Which one did you put in?
If it is out of an XP it should run all day at 120F. My 1K RT runs 120F unless on hard pack on the trail...gets up to 150 with the scratchers down on a cold morning...the high temp light comes on right there, pull off and cool her down and go again.
What kind of guage are you using? I install an Autometer temp guage, liquid filled with the sensor probe in the outlet line of the engine.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just took it for a test ride with my son and let her rip man its got a lot of power:d. first time i hit the gas shoot my son of the back told him he better hold on better lol.have to add t stat the moter would not warm up past 110 i think it should run about 160 ???

anything over about 140 is way to hot for a 2 stroke.imo

tank1000

Reaction score
why u guys putting in t stats iam out in enderby bc i have never had any issue with any type of bogging

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
why u guys putting in t stats iam out in enderby bc i have never had any issue with any type of bogging

I'M NOT SURE EITHER..... I HAVEN'T INSTALLED A T/STAT AND HAVEN'T HAD A PROBLEM....THINKING ABOUT IT, BUT I HAVEN'T CONVINCED MYSELF IT'S WORTH THE $100 FOR THE PARTS..... RUNS GOOD AS IS:confused:

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have done a lot of reading on dootalk and for the 30$ to put in the tstat it's worth it. have read that when trail rideing they can warm up then when go into powder the rt will cool of very quick, so quick that it will tace out your engine or least cool it of so much that it will send it into warm up mode. get an tstat from an 08 xp

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The over cooling in the 05' RT was caused by there being three coolers. Adding the thermostat will help or just delete and remove the rear cooler as it will do about the same thing and drop a couple of pounds off the rear.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you put pods on I'm also thinking about a clutch kit

Top Bottom