Summit 1000 RPM; alittle low. running @7600 want it @8100.

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com
I plugged in and checked all my sensors coming out of my engine controller. I then mounted both the pressure and temp sensor close to the pods. However!; when I first started it up and rip down the ditches this past weekend... it would REV around 8100 RPM and hall DONKEY! all the power I want... after a few minutes it went down to 7600 and alittle doggy...

- do you think I should remount my temp sensor outside of my chasis? or just go re-map it to ensure I got the correct programming? or is it a possible pressure sensor failure...?

- the reason I think it might be both sensors is because on the pressure sensor there is a little cap to prevent snow from plugging it off... when i take the cap off it runs doggy. put the cap back on and it ran fantastic until it warmed up... I didn't see any kind of hose connected to it despite the fact it has a blue O-ring around it... indicating it should connect to something... does any one know where the pressure sensor should mount on a stock sled? also.

My thoughts are after I find out how or where to preferably mount the pressure sensor... I'm gonna try and mount the temp sensor outside the motor area and more so to atmosphere temp. I also have a missing gauge cover from my accident last month... the snow was coming into the motor through that hole... do you guys think that could effect anything pressure or temp? Just looking for suggestions or past experience. I'm learning fast about these sleds... If I can get my sled to run at 8100 rpm all day... man I would be ecstatic!

Thanks for your help in advance,
Tanner

Braaap.

Reaction score
Just a thought. Have you had a look at your RAVE cables. There is a step by step process to properly having them set. Improper tension and servo motor setting can cause the doggy performance you have explained. Worth a shot

Top Bottom