Summer Drivers - schools out and so are the idiots

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch out - summer vacation is on and the asshats are on the highway.

Last weekend we got passed by a guy pulling his 20 ft trailer that used a left turn lane to pass me and another car on the top of a hill on a blind corner. After a bunch of cars had passed him because he was doing 15 k/hr under the speed limit, he decided he should pass them all back, no matter what the cost to other people's safety. Officially one of the stupidest moves in a vehicle I have ever seen. He was asked, as politely as I could, not to pull that fawkin' stunt again when I caught up with him as he stopped in the next town for fuel.

motorhome drivers towing boat/car/quad/whatever - use your fawking mirrors and learn how to drive your 50 ft POS. If there are 100 cars behind you because you are doing 20 under the speed limit, pull over d!ckweed, you're just as big a hazard as the people trying to pass you in unsafe situations. Your 1978 Winnebago with a worn out 454 will not maintain speed on anything more than 1% grade so stop trying and just accept the fact that your life will be more enriched if you slow down, pull over, smell the flowers and let people pass you, instead of having 100 people give you the finger and honk as they drive by because you held them up for 2 hrs. You'll only get home 1 minute sooner if you try and stay in front of them instead of pulling off, so it's not really worth it.

Drivers who can't maintain a constant speed - let's not even go there. Cruise control is your friend if you don't know how to drive. If you want to gawk at something - stop your damn car. Don't try staring at the forest while you are doing 90, because your dumbass will slow down to 70. But by all means, speed up to 130 k/hr once you snap out of your day dream.

Cars towing tent trailers - if the object you are towing dwarfs the vehicle you are towing it with, it's not safe. I don't care how light your tent trailer was when the dealer sold it to ya; if I can't see ANY of your mirrors from 100 yrds back, then I sure as hell know you can't see me coming up behind you. You are unsafe. Weaving side to side in the lane to move the trailer over so that you can see behind you is also not safe. No, adding an old canoe or aluminum boat to the top of the tent trailer does not make you more visible (and therefore safe) to other drivers, even if you only strap it down with 1 tie strap so that it's barely staying on. And No, using a red tie down does not mean you now have a "safety flag" for the extra 10 ft of canoe overhanging the back.

Just a few observations from the highway this last weekend.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a gooder and is funny cause its true. agree with you 100%
kinda goes along with the towing doubles with a class 5 license. i am a firm believer in for one you shouldn't be allowed to pulla trailer alone without extra training to do so but you should not be allowed to pull two without professional training and expierience. jmo.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All i got is a big fat old THANKS I needed a good laugh. All so true i sure wish i could hear the way this was in your head..not the rated "G" we have typed here

AliciaAlways

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I really enjoyed reading that, it is so true. Most drivers out there right now are ridiculous, I have noticed in Calgary with the stampede around the corner, there is a lot of tourists, who cannot drive worth anything, it can get so frustrating!

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just another day in the life of the immigrant drivers in Calgary. The old Chinese ladies are a sight to behold behind the wheel of their old Lincolns and Caddies.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled over on highway 22 changing a blown tire on my trailer. A stretch of flat open road. Not once, but several times people were passing each other right beside the trailer. That's three vehicles wide with oncoming traffic. We had pylons out ahead of the trailer. People in such a freakin' rush they had no respect for us, the other people trying to slow down and move over for us, or the oncoming traffic. Scariest tire change I have ever had to do.

Jerks!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was movin a rig one time. south and east obf bonnyville. i was heading north pulling the mud tank. with 40 whls under it. woman comes to the end of her drive way turning south. looks north all clear drives out. and kept going right into the ditch. she didn't look the direction she was going and there was a guy passing me. would of had mommy babby approx 3yr old kid and a grandpa all plastered down the side of my truck from the driver door back. lucky she was able to take the ditch. and have some time to clean her panties. people just in to big a hurry these days.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
totaly agree with you. last weekend my and my buddie were teaching somone how to ride. we took him to a little pit spot. some crazzy drunken guy alomoast hit us with his ford 1 ton. he also got AIR off the little hill. his shocks went through the tower.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i guess you wouldn't like this set-up. saw it at the flying j in calgary. he was alaska bound.

Attachments

• Photo_041210_001.jpg
    Photo_041210_001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 27

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine caught a professional trained and expierienced truck driver. Steering with his feet and texting at the same time while doing 120k down QE2 pulling a B, Friday afternoon......good job awkmad!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine caught a professional trained and expierienced truck driver. Steering with his feet and texting at the same time while doing 120k down QE2 pulling a B, Friday afternoon......good job awkmad!

no kidding how did he get his feet up to the steering wheel?:d:beer::beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Instead of pylons, next time I'm puting a blow dryer on the camera tripod.....we'll see how fast that makes people slow down and behave themsleves. :d

Lots of texters coming out of Calgary on our way back. Swerving all over the fast lane. Scary!

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
During a 15 minute ride on HWY 37 yesterday I saw three idiots that should have their vehicles taken away and their knee caps broken.

Top Bottom