Sturgeon River

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm looking for staging areas along the sturgeon river. Any sugestions?

staging for what????

sleds, quads?????

stergeon2.jpg

Last edited:

RAGTOP

Reaction score
Dirt bike. Looking for a location near where it dumps into the North Sask.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a staging area on the sturgeon. somewhere closer to St.Albert would be nice.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a staging area on the sturgeon. somewhere closer to St.Albert would be nice.

:eek: There is No Crown Land in the St. Albert/ Sturgeon River area, or where the Sturgeon River meets the N S R. :rolleyes: In fact The county of Sturgeon has a :nono: no ATV ride area from HWY 28 on the EAST, HWY 2 on the WEST, HWY 37 on the NORTH and Edmonton NORTH Limits through to ST ALBERT on the SOUTH. And of cource there is nothing in the city of St. Albert. The Big Lake area is either a Provincial Park or private property.

Bruce.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So where does everyone park to ride sleds up and down the Sturgeon? The road north of the racetrack crosses the sturgeon (at Boysdale) right close to the North Sask.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
So where does everyone park to ride sleds up and down the Sturgeon? The road north of the racetrack crosses the sturgeon (at Boysdale) right close to the North Sask.

Thats different as the river itself is federal and no problem being on it. We stage west by Alberta beach.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride the sturgen on my sled ALL the time! there are some fun spots. the best place to stage is riversides "pdi" spot. they have a big field and on the other side there is a meter of some sort were you can park. its on townshiproad 535A. its pretty easy to find. you go to Lacome park in st.albert and go straigh down mckenny ave, go straight passed the lights, and you will see a field on your left about 1 km down. to get the the rivver you just cross the field.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride the sturgen on my sled ALL the time! there are some fun spots. the best place to stage is riversides "pdi" spot. they have a big field and on the other side there is a meter of some sort were you can park. its on townshiproad 535A. its pretty easy to find. you go to Lacome park in st.albert and go straigh down mckenny ave, go straight passed the lights, and you will see a field on your left about 1 km down. to get the the rivver you just cross the field.

Are you aware that the West St. Albert City Lmits now go to the Carrot Creek and runs South to Big Lake/Lois Hole Centenial Provincial Park ?
Another name for the TWS RD 535A is Meadowview Drive:rolleyes:, and is this meter:confused:, the commpressor that makes all that noise?:eek:;)

Bruce.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Are you aware that the West St. Albert City Lmits now go to the Carrot Creek and runs South to Big Lake/Lois Hole Centenial Provincial Park ?
Another name for the TWS RD 535A is Meadowview Drive:rolleyes:, and is this meter:confused:, the commpressor that makes all that noise?:eek:;)

Bruce.

Hmmmmmm, i thought the sturgeon in and around st.albert was a no sled zone too.......????

Technically the City of St. Albert has no jurisdiction over the river but if I was pissed off enough as a cop I would wait for one to load as you gotta come off it eventually lol.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK There are parts of the sturgen you can and cant ride. were it goes through st.albert its imposible to ride through (shoping karts) and the provincial park aka "big lake" everything else is legal. ive seen fish cops on the sturgen wile i was riding and all they did was ask if i was insured (i was).

Tecno

Reaction score
Dirt bike. Looking for a location near where it dumps into the North Sask.

Its right on Township Road 553a their are some jumps and hills to climb but its a small area, you will be board in half an hour.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you head out on 97 st towards bon accord where the river crosses the higway people stage there.Use caution there are a lot of beaver dams,open water,rocks,trees,overflow and around gibbons lots of families use this area for walking,sliding,sledding,quading.Most of the land that backs on to the river is private please respect it as we do not need anymore bad publicity on this awesome riding area.Be sure to have your ins and registration with you they patrol the area on a regular basis.

skiloch

Reaction score
If you drive through St.Albert on the river the cops will chase you......They also will stop you on Big lake, because it is now deemed Lois Hole provincial park.....ya take your chances!!

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you head out on 97 st towards bon accord where the river crosses the higway people stage there.Use caution there are a lot of beaver dams,open water,rocks,trees,overflow and around gibbons lots of families use this area for walking,sliding,sledding,quading.Most of the land that backs on to the river is private please respect it as we do not need anymore bad publicity on this awesome riding area.Be sure to have your ins and registration with you they patrol the area on a regular basis.

We cant park along that side road anymore they will tow. You have to go down hwy 37 towards Ft. Sask and take a left off there to find the New stagging area.

Jeepindg

Reaction score
We cant park along that side road anymore they will tow. You have to go down hwy 37 towards Ft. Sask and take a left off there to find the New stagging area.

I live out near these parts and drive past there everyday, HWY 28 1 mile north of Hwy 37 and I do agree I think there is some type of no parking sign -----But I think it might be No parking on shoulder, ---- Just yesterday (Saturday dec4) I saw a truck/trailer and two sleds riding from there,--- But that doesent make it legal,

There is a place mentioned it would be Hwy 28 to Hwy 37, Two miles east to Range road 241 then go North 3 miles to the river, there is a flat feild area that I always see trucks parked in when im out riding.

Disclaimer:: I live out in this area (Between Bon Accord& morinville) so i ride to these areas and have never parked in these areas, So I cant confirm if there is a problem or not ----- Im just telling the places where people do park.

If your out in these parts Message me and I would be interested in riding and have rode these parts for like 20 years.. so I know my way around

Dusty

Top Bottom