Stuff to watch for on the 18+ cats.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything on this?

Can someone dumb this down to my level of understandment?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190301-115552_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190301-115552_Messenger.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 443
  • Screenshot_20190301-120629_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190301-120629_Messenger.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy's Alpha had a heated hand grip short out. Messed with the controller. Would start, run for a few seconds. Go into reverse and shut off. Just an FYI on the odd symptoms.

hardass

Reaction score
I got the reflash as did others i know were having some issue with it if you didnt get it yet ask your dealer about issues. Also i was going to put a pipe on my 18 mc when i looked at the pistons the mag side was shot vertical grooves up down across the face of the exhaust port only on the mag side the pto side was still coated.snow ingestion so its in under warranty oh 500 miles

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was planning on doing that exact thing at the end of year and see if the pistons are scored.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the re flash done yesterday, not gonna be able to try it now until Revy in April, also my mountain fit intake filter came in finally, was hoping to get a ride in before the mountains to try out both but +23 today here in whitecourt, me thinks the snow is gonna be done now

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone tells me not to do flash. Creates a 5000rpm bog. Wish I knew that before I did my sled today. Also found this on my sled. Rear swing arm.

Well that the chits.... If your heading out and need one and going thru Red Deer we can unbolt mine and you can use it.. if that helps. As I'm swamped at work so didn't go with fellas Wednesday night.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Everyone tells me not to do flash. Creates a 5000rpm bog. Wish I knew that before I did my sled today. Also found this on my sled. Rear swing arm.

Well that the chits.... If your heading out and need one and going thru Red Deer we can unbolt mine and you can use it.. if that helps. As I'm swamped at work so didn't go with fellas Wednesday night.

Very very kind offer, I did some calling and Ghostrider in Fernie has 3. So I might buy two, they’re only $36 so have one on hand as a spare. I never even hit anything. Wonder why it broke like that. Never even noticed until I took my sled in today to get reflashed.

Also found in the left ski that both of the bushings were cracked and broken. Another pain in the arse. Both minuscule, but I have around 700 miles on my sled I didn’t expect to have gone through a set of sliders at 280, ski bushings at 610, and now that rear bracket swing arm at 700.

My oil cap leaks like a sieve, and I forgot to tighten it down 100% so when I was doing my routine 15 minute track inspections on the hill, oil leaked out and down the pipe and onto the clutches.... made for a painful hour wiping clutches, and belt every pull.

Still had an amazing trip though, got another video ready to upload in two weeks.

336d29b3177b816619340afe92e6d9c9.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting pic's LOL, but on your first pic, why is the rear bracket undone?
Not my pic, but I have a buddy who had the lugs grab the rear cross bracket and fold his tunnel forward.

They put in a big wheel kit, but didn't increase the kick up in the tunnel any.

I was think of cutting mine down but I now see why I can't.

Top Bottom