Stuff to watch for on the 18+ cats.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a flexible magnet. Sometimes they will roll into a depression somewhere and not move till you roll the sled over.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's gone. My buddy found his down in the right side running board one ride. Thinking mine took the same exit.
I have found them hanging out by the chain case guard i am thinking if i kept riding it would have magically disappeared.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alpha running stupid hot any suggestions? High temp lite flash and solid on trail descent snow scratcher down.... previous owner cut lower section off snow flap.... going to add ski scratchers do I need to buy new snow flap? Whole crew of 8 never ran hot on trail and yes coolant level is good even removed rad cap and ran on an up hill...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alpha running stupid hot any suggestions? High temp lite flash and solid on trail descent snow scratcher down.... previous owner cut lower section off snow flap.... going to add ski scratchers do I need to buy new snow flap? Whole crew of 8 never ran hot on trail and yes coolant level is good even removed rad cap and ran on an up hill...
I’m running short flap but also use ski scratchers. 124 f all the way up Renshaw trail the other weekend and it was a rock hard smooth groom. Ice storm ski scratchers are awesome.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my 2020 did this. I added more coolant and it was good. Even though it was showing correct on the bottle. It’s been good ever since. I added ski scratchers and haven’t used em since.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to add ski scratchers. Mine was getting warm where buddies wasn’t. I cut my flap down so probably a factor.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are couple things to check first, when filling the coolant raise the front of the sled a foot or so to keep air out, some guys are over filling the bottle and it brings down the temp, some of the 2019 had a recall on the water pump as the impeller was loose on the shaft. There has been a few stuck thermostats also. That sled should not run that hot I have ran in Renshaw on straight ice and never had the light on where other brands had to stop to cool. Lots of guys run with no flap and have no issues. Does the sled cool down quickly if you move to deeper snow or how warm did it run off trail.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run no flap, scratchers on the trail and never even get the blinking temp light on groomed trails, get the blinking warning temp light sometimes on westridge and salmon trails but not most of the time, you got something up

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am gonna venture to say the water impeller is slipping on the shaft.

There is a recall.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya good point it ran great the first day but flashed hot about5 Kms coming down from Chappel creek day two it ran hot all the way up allen creek flashing and solid lit most of the way up and cooled when I hit the deep white but day three it ran hot hot all the way from 3 km at allen creek to Caribou bowl they I parked on a steep 45 degree and opened rad cap and ran for 2 mins to see if I could see water returning in jug with lid off and I could see an 1/8 spray returning The sled got up to 190 degrees when running properly I seen 124 degrees F at the time it seemed like a thermostat sticking to me.... block also felt hot but coolant jug just felt warm... this sled had the water pump update done already

Top Bottom