Strathcona County tax money... in the ditch

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So.... after this nice snow fall our subdivision was nice and white... then the Sanding truck came through and spread a whole Chit load of sand all over the road, like lots... too much. An hour later the grader came and graded it all into the ditch?? Not the first time I've witnessed this :confused:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does that surprise you? Government doing anything even partly right is impossible.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Common practice over here. City and Provincial crews both do the same. Management are to blame. Operators are only doing what they're told.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is though, DSM the private company who does the henday probably has the best removal i've seen in edmonton by far. Funny why, because they do it on their own without government screwing it up.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Strathcona County snowmobiling is outlawed...pretty much. We are labled as the Bad Guys. Funny how the County can justify this waste and get away with it. Maybe I should run for Mayor??

Reactions: RXN

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is though, DSM the private company who does the henday probably has the best removal i've seen in edmonton by far. Funny why, because they do it on their own without government screwing it up.

And they are accountable for their own expenses!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
strathcona county is a joke. beaver county is 10x the size of strathcona and everything gets cleared and sanded properly and much quicker. why? because thats all they have to worrry about there and its all private. these municipalities need to get back to the basics ( snow removal, roads infastructure) before dipping into all the bs social programs etc.

Reactions: RXN

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
in strathcona county snowmobiling is outlawed...pretty much. We are labled as the bad guys. Funny how the county can justify this waste and get away with it. Maybe i should run for mayor??

scotty for mayor........ Clean up this frickin' county, scotty!!!! I'll help ya where i can :)

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Beaver County we can run sleds and quads. I call Strathcona County the no fun county lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Beaver County we can run sleds and quads. I call Strathcona County the no fun county lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I absolutely HATE strathcona county, the peace officers have to be the worst of any place. Although they aren't to bright. One pulled me over once in the dump truck, was looking over the truck (like he knows anything about them) kicked a tire and said if it has any flex it's below 50 psi and that's a fix it where it sits. I checked it later, it was 90 psi (I knew it was a bit low but still fine). Plus he forgot the fact that 10000% of big rigs carry air with them.....I was laughing my a$$ off when he said it would cause me a hassle if he made me fill it up there, he felt stupid when I pointed out the air hose in the truck. Also said I need to carry a log book (which i don't) wasn't going to argue with him though....They really need to train them better if they are going to be pulling over big rigs for more then a broken light.

I will avoid strathcona county at all costs.....

HID power

Reaction score
I absolutely HATE strathcona county, the peace officers have to be the worst of any place. Although they aren't to bright. One pulled me over once in the dump truck, was looking over the truck (like he knows anything about them) kicked a tire and said if it has any flex it's below 50 psi and that's a fix it where it sits. I checked it later, it was 90 psi (I knew it was a bit low but still fine). Plus he forgot the fact that 10000% of big rigs carry air with them.....I was laughing my a$$ off when he said it would cause me a hassle if he made me fill it up there, he felt stupid when I pointed out the air hose in the truck. Also said I need to carry a log book (which i don't) wasn't going to argue with him though....They really need to train them better if they are going to be pulling over big rigs for more then a broken light.

ha ha you said dump truck....lol

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pay our high taxes in Wetaskiwin so the bloody counsel can get raises..............we are lucky our road is plowed once a year........since this weekends snow, I'm lucky for a 4x4 or wouldn't have gotten home yesterday with a regular car !!! $235 a month in taxes .....................for nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a reason I refused to move out there. Sturgeon county is alot better. I can ride my sled around here too.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pay our high taxes in Wetaskiwin so the bloody counsel can get raises..............we are lucky our road is plowed once a year........since this weekends snow, I'm lucky for a 4x4 or wouldn't have gotten home yesterday with a regular car !!! $235 a month in taxes .....................for nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could be worse, you could live in st. albert.

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thanks for paying my wage last week lori....hmmmm taxes that high?....might have to increase my service rates....:D

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They put down the sand first so in case of an accident they are not to blame because they did their due-diligent (or whatever is the correct term).

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for paying my wage last week lori....hmmmm taxes that high?....might have to increase my service rates....:D

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

LOL yer funny !!!! And yeppers our taxes where we live are that high !!! In a dying City that counsel don't want to open their eyes to !!!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my dad got pulled over years back because the tarps were out, cop thought he was overloaded! we keep our tarps out (cramaro style) because it saves money on fuel and keeps the rocks from wearing through when it is all bunched up! and it looks cool!!

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom