Strapping ATV down on Sled Deck

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Been experimenting on ways to strap down my sled on my sled deck. Not having much luck. Was wondering on how others strap their ATV's/side by sides down on their deck.

I've tried going over the tires to not compress the suspension, and i've also tried compressing the suspension. But the 33 highway in Sask is garbage. I've even thought about buying the superclamp tie down systems for atv's/side by sides but it's hard to swallow a $1,200 bill for just tie downs.

:nopics:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All 4 corners ...

2 rear pulling forwards, 2 front pulling back words, x crossing them

Then one straight forward for giggles

They jam the quad that way side to side and front to back, and up and down for the most part

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cross strap the front a arms pulling forwards. Then one 3 inch monster strap on the back frame that really pulls that back end down. Like stated above too, sometimes I'll throw on a 3 rd strap on the front pulling forwards for an extra safety, would hate for a quad to fly off the sled deck and land my travel trailer lol

Superclamp

Reaction score
all the hassle it takes to tie down ATV/SxS with tiedown strapes on a truck deck is why you want our Superclamp Tie Down System. $499.95 plus S&H It is not going to damage your suspension or rub the powder coating off your bumpers or A-Arms or take your alignment out, and is DOT compliant and lockable. Just 10 to 15 seconds (not minutes) and you are good to go. They are worth every dollar. NO more hassle.....

Been experimenting on ways to strap down my sled on my sled deck. Not having much luck. Was wondering on how others strap their ATV's/side by sides down on their deck.

I've tried going over the tires to not compress the suspension, and i've also tried compressing the suspension. But the 33 highway in Sask is garbage. I've even thought about buying the superclamp tie down systems for atv's/side by sides but it's hard to swallow a $1,200 bill for just tie downs.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,238
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 822
Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I find the highway loosens everything no matter how a guy does it.

On my deck I have superglides on it, do the mounting plates for the superclamps hold overtop? Or do I have to remove the glide to place the atv system on it? How does your set up work for larger tires I see the recommended size is small. Some of us have 30" tires

Reaction score
With the ATV tie down, Nothing loosens up your issues will be solved. I put the mounting plates right over top of my Superglides. I also have 30 inch tires and there is tons of adjustment for them.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
With the ATV tie down, Nothing loosens up your issues will be solved. I put the mounting plates right over top of my Superglides. I also have 30 inch tires and there is tons of adjustment for them.
next question is, after reading the descriptions they sound like the mounts are very specific for each quad after installation, not like you can secure your atv on the left side then on the way home put it on the right side. Or even if I have my atv and a buddy has different offset rims/tire size it would change a lot. Same with the lengths of the atv's mine is the longer chassis but my other quad is short and I don't know if the xmr is the same length as my mudpro 1000

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roads up here have yet to loosen up my 4-ratchet straps per quad,.. if any of you have driven the roads up here by GP you know what they are like. I can't get myself to spend that much cash on a tie system that only gets used on occasion,.. besides with ratchet straps kept under the back seat of my truck,.. if I need to haul something else I have them,.. can't say so much about the SC.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always put 2 straps from the middle of the top rack to the front tie downs on the deck and 2 from the rear quad hitch wrapped around the supports for the ramp bar (marathon deck) I have never had a strap come loose in 6 years and have no movement of the quad. ( quad in park with park brake on)

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tex's is the way to do it, if you ever look at a vehicle on a lowbed they are usually cross chained front to back that way.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I to use 4 ratchetstraps, the rear straps to the axle and the front ones to the arm's, close tothe tire's, both are crossed.

If you go to the frame or to the rack's and will be compressing the suspension puta large block of wood under the quad and compress to the block, that way it’snot bouncing.

Seen 2000 lbstraps break when the quad bounce’s....

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to tape the hooks on the end of the straps as well, so even If it loosens or whatever it's still not going to pop off.

'12 T4
Husaberg 570FE

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had issues before with atv's coming unstrapped on some of the roads i go down.. I now cross the front and rear straps 2 per end. I tire down to the rack. then i put a bungee cord on each strap eye to eye to take up any slack if the suspension moves to much. have not had a issue since and i go down some bad roads.. i also use safety chain in the front and rear just in case a strap fails. i think sometimes its just luck if your straps hold. i see atv's loosely strapped down with just the tug straps bouncing all over and never loose a strap

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my set up for now

Attachments

• IMG_0991 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0991 (1024x768).jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0993 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0993 (1024x768).jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 161

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really need to listen to Tex, he's the S&M master at this. Take a picture, post it and he'll tell you if its safe or not.

Top Bottom