Storm Warning For Central Alberta Tonight??

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked Environment Canada's website and there is a Winter Storm warning for central Alberta tonight? :d:d:d I love it when this happens!!! I hate it when they're wrong?? :mad: Let's see what happens tonight? I hope I have a good foot of snow to plow in the morning? :):beer:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:snow: Just checked the satellite images and there is a strong system moving upward in a northeast direction. This is good! As this type of system usually brings moist air into alberta from the warmer climates south of the boarder and mixes with our cold dry air (lowpressure) and creates SNOW :d Lets see if this comes to be?? :snow: :snow::snow::snow:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked Environment Canada's website and there is a Winter Storm warning for central Alberta tonight? :d:d:d I love it when this happens!!! I hate it when they're wrong?? :mad: Let's see what happens tonight? I hope I have a good foot of snow to plow in the morning? :):beer:

Doin the snow dance right now !!!!! OK not really but really want the snow. Had a great ride today, found some untouched waist deep goodness. More will NOT hurt.:d:beer::d

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brew_Doo... where did you ride? Around Whitcourt?? Glad you had a good time! :):d

You bet. Left from the garage and headed towards Swan Hills - had a blast. Did a little damage on a stump in a beaver damn but nothing a little pounding and TIG work won't fix. Going to Valemount with the bride on Thursday so taking the day tomorrow to repair and watch the race. You riding tomorrow Scotty??:d:beer:

uuoody

Reaction score
Hey Brew! Is there going to be any snow at home when I get back from China in two weeks?

polarisftw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had snow fall warnings last night and we got next to nothing.. man always gets my hopes up..

but tonight were suppose to get 10cms so lets do the snow dance!:cool:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
hoping to leave cow town @ 8am.home @ 12pm ...looks like a good aftewrnoon of slwdddin ,,,,,sorry beer is on the menue for this evening.....

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Brew! Is there going to be any snow at home when I get back from China in two weeks?

Could be a little sketchy in two weeks time. It's snowing right now but not very hard. The long range forecast has us on the + side every day so the snow is going to shrink fast. :(:(:(

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing last night :realmad: What a rip off. I just checked Environment Canada again and the Warning is still there for Edmonton. Says 10 - 15 cm for this afternoon. Looked at the live radar and it looks like the heavy stuff is just to the west of us. Any of you west of Edmonton feel free to chime in.

Brew Doo... I'm not riding today :( But thanks for asking.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Nothing last night :realmad: What a rip off. I just checked Environment Canada again and the Warning is still there for Edmonton. Says 10 - 15 cm for this afternoon. Looked at the live radar and it looks like the heavy stuff is just to the west of us. Any of you west of Edmonton feel free to chime in.

Brew Doo... I'm not riding today :( But thanks for asking.

Got a couple cm already...still snowin heavy:d

scrapmaster

Reaction score
still nothing in edson the air feels like snow but thats close as its got so far

Bucky

Reaction score
Just walked in the door from Whitecourt, highways were a bit sketchy this morning till the sun came up, snowed all the way to White then let up when we hit the side roads to stage. Still a ton of snow, bit of a crust on top made for a few interesting moments, but lots of fun and lots of stucks...will post piks when the memory card warms up!:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we seen 3 " just east of red deer, and now starting to blow may be good idea to get of the highways tonight.
Drive with care, safe driving all

Jake

Reaction score
went out to barhead this morning for kids hockey it was snowing like jack the bear! plus their snow pac is way better than anthing around Stony Plain.
Sledding near Barhead today, couple feet powder. Buddy even managed to get stuck a couple times.

Top Bottom