Stolen sled check stops

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Checking for stolen sleds.... BS!

Clamping down for tax collection on unregistered sleds is more like it, if they find a stolen one a bonus not the objective.

Ain't that the truth. Sad but true.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. Sad but true.

I agree about the cracking down on taxes, but explain why checking for stolen sleds is BS.:confused: You think theft is bad now? And as far as storing your papers without destroying them....the heavier Zip Lock bags have always worked for me.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in knowing of those who received $230 dollar fines did they follow up on to see if it was a stolen sled.....this would prove weather it is all about the fines. And if it is the later they better stop this bullch!t because people are starting to get pissed off with this crap. Paying 51% of your property taxes to go towards organized crime pisses me off. Crime stoppers charges nothing it is free and gets results, why the hell should there even be crime stoppers if you know who was doing their jobs. If i hurt some feelings tough luck it has to be said.

At the time of the check the registration # is run to see if the sled comes back as reported stolen. If it comes back as hot, they're not going to give you the fine and let you go with the sled. And as far as "you know who not doing their jobs"....do you have any idea what the ratio of police to thieves is? Have you ever caught someone trying to steal your stuff? Sled owners only have to look out for their own property and can't catch these little C0Ck$uckers, you expect the Police to be there every time something of yours is being stolen? Catch them yourself and phone the Police, they'll come and do what they can. Maybe you're not doing your job. Simply not enough Police to go around. But it's the people who point their finger at the police and say that "they're not doing their jobs" who are the first to BITCH when their taxes go up to hire more officers.:rant:

crowsfeet

Reaction score
I agree about the cracking down on taxes, but explain why checking for stolen sleds is BS.:confused: You think theft is bad now? And as far as storing your papers without destroying them....the heavier Zip Lock bags have always worked for me.
No one is saying that searching for stolen sleds is BS. We're saying that the governments real priority is collecting fines any way they can think of. Hope that clears your confusion a little bit.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my way of thinking, if a check gets one stolen sled etc in a hundred stops i'm all for it. i don't like fines at all, but i learned along time ago carry the paper work. if you don't like supporting the government, i'd suggest you do the same. seems real easy to me. :confused:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son in law quad got stolen, we tracked it down to a garage. I reefed open the garage no quad inside but his rear seat along with his loading ramps where in there. When the police showed up they where going to charge me with break and enter. Needless to say we left without his stolen and property, we got it back later by our own methods (including the quad).....thanks police. Another case 2003 i beleive, all the vehical breakins along the highways in our favorite riding areas.... Ever wonder how that ch!t got stopped??? I bet there are a lot of thankfull people for that one. I do commend the police who have morals, i can tell one on here does.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok if your sled has up to date plates. Insurance will be up to date too, you wont get plates unless you have the insurance. The tickets for failure to produce seem to be BS. They can call it in, or check on there little computer to see if your the owner. The truck and trailers floating around at strange times in the night should be checked more often. Most stolen sleds are striped and parted out and not on the ralleys in plan day light. They have to check us yes its part of their jobs. Little more planning on their part, and better job of us to secure our stuff from the dinks in this world. Not all RCMP members are out to make your life suck, but they do have their bad days to. A smile and saying hay can make your day 1000 times easier.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son in law quad got stolen, we tracked it down to a garage. I reefed open the garage no quad inside but his rear seat along with his loading ramps where in there. When the police showed up they where going to charge me with break and enter. Needless to say we left without his stolen and property, we got it back later by our own methods (including the quad).....thanks police. Another case 2003 i beleive, all the vehical breakins along the highways in our favorite riding areas.... Ever wonder how that ch!t got stopped??? I bet there are a lot of thankfull people for that one. I do commend the police who have morals, i can tell one on here does.

So you're a cop, get a call from some guy that someone stole their quad, you show up at an address, the guy that called says " I found my ramps in this garage". The cop says " I thought you lost a quad? How did you find the ramps"? " Well I broke in, and didn't actually find my quad, but there are are these ramps that are mine". "Can you prove that they are your ramps"? Says the cop. "Well no, but they are, honest, and that's his seat there too!"
What do you expect? I mean really? This is a police problem, a justice system problem? What exactly do you expect the police to do in this case?Bad ch!t happens all the time, it isn't always the fault of the police or the government, it just happens....

Top Bottom