Stolen.... Cold lake area!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had his 2011 Polaris Ranger 800 SxS stolen out of his garage last night. Mon Feb 7.
It is a Real Tree Camo paint,(limited #'s sold in our area) heavy duty Front & Rear Bumpers, winch, 6" LED light on front Bumper, full soft top rear cover, full windshield & hard top roof. Also upgraded to 27" Mudlights with alum rims.

No pics of the unit but I can get a vin# if needed.

These guys got the garage door open without breaking in through a side door or window. Remote scanner the cops figure. Also knew where he hid the keys in the garage. Fuggers.
If anyone hears or sees anything out there drop me a line.

I thought we had a stolen section in Snow & Mud? Couldnt find it so posting here.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well first off keeping the keys for the machine in the garage is stupid but if they knew where they were then its an inside job. Never advertise what you have.:nono:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check North west of town, thats where a few of them just turned up.
Cops already know that.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I make alot of miles each day Culvert. Will keep eyes open.

They caught the little bastages who were stealing the quads in our area.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had his 2011 Polaris Ranger 800 SxS stolen out of his garage last night. Mon Feb 7.
It is a Real Tree Camo paint,(limited #'s sold in our area) heavy duty Front & Rear Bumpers, winch, 6" LED light on front Bumper, full soft top rear cover, full windshield & hard top roof. Also upgraded to 27" Mudlights with alum rims.

No pics of the unit but I can get a vin# if needed.

These guys got the garage door open without breaking in through a side door or window. Remote scanner the cops figure. Also knew where he hid the keys in the garage. Fuggers.
If anyone hears or sees anything out there drop me a line.

I thought we had a stolen section in Snow & Mud? Couldnt find it so posting here.
Well Global had something on the news about breaking into garages....last week or something.......says the quick relese handle can be pulled from the outside with a home made slim jim with notches cut in it, so it catches the string and voila....your in....I have been using zipties on mine through the anchor, it still releases but you really need the leverage from the inside.......thought I would pass this on as it does work and makes an easy steal for thieves not so easy to get the garage door open........hope this is usefull.

Kruchy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. My buddy had his Nytro stolen last night out of Beaumant, AB. It is a blue one with a blue windshield. Side panel stickers have his last name and FU 2 on them. I am sure it is in pieces by now. Thought i would post it. :mad::mad::mad:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the garage door strap is an old trick, I remember when those openers first came out with the quick relese......it didn't take long to figure out how to get in that way....I have been using the zip ties on mine in every place i have ever owned or rented. Cheap insurance.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Global had something on the news about breaking into garages....last week or something.......says the quick relese handle can be pulled from the outside with a home made slim jim with notches cut in it, so it catches the string and voila....your in....I have been using zipties on mine through the anchor, it still releases but you really need the leverage from the inside.......thought I would pass this on as it does work and makes an easy steal for thieves not so easy to get the garage door open........hope this is usefull.

Thanks for the zip tie idea.... I seen this on the news the other day as well. Will be installing zip tie tonight:beer:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks for the info guys. My buddy had his Nytro stolen last night out of Beaumant, AB. It is a blue one with a blue windshield. Side panel stickers have his last name and FU 2 on them. I am sure it is in pieces by now. Thought i would post it. :mad::mad::mad:

Please post this in a separate thread. Pics would be great too.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the zip tie idea.... I seen this on the news the other day as well. Will be installing zip tie tonight:beer:
Yeah most guys would never think of that string on the door to be easy to snatch open, but it is.......i used to get into my brothers garage like that when those quick releses first came out......but* a quick zip tie through the hole and ya can't get it opened from the outside anymore....we also used a few garbage bag twist ties, that works too.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this info guys. Never knew they were that easy to get into. Go figure the news shows you how and days later kids are trying it.
Makes more sense then them having a door remote scanner.

I use to put big C clamps on the rails when I would go away.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zip tied my garage door just a couple days ago. Thanks to who ever it was that posted that tid-bit on here about a week ago. I'll keep my eyes open around Kelowna. Good Luck!:beer:

Top Bottom