Stocks to watch

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought crescent point and sold last week for a nice profit
surprised it has continued to run
Im thinking suncor could be a good buy still or maybe keyara cause at least they pay a divedend
havent ever played weed stocks but im thinking flwr as there one of the only weed guys that havent moved much since the lows of march
freegold / medmira / arht are ones im loading on the tfsa right as they are all due to pop imho

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody going with XBC? Been watching since about 60 cents or so... finally got in earlier this year in the spring sell off. Decent run so far, but still seems like lots of room to go, just listed on tsx from the venture.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been doing ok on copper mnt mining, this year.

But looking to get into the oil sector. Looking for something that's kinda beat up, but with good financials. Alberta based would be nice, but doesnt have to be.

Any suggestions? I wont hold you accountable if I lose a bunch of money lol

This could be the year for Canadian O&G for sure - definitely some hype building it seems. Buffet is still holding, and recently adding, his Suncor position. I personally see more upside potential in tourmaline IF the sector takes off, but I’ve been playing it safe with just enbridge so far. One of the few that should benefit from Biden.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ensign Drilling

Keystone or not, drilling will have to pick up eventually just to maintain production

Got it at 0.55, been dancing between 1.10 and 1.30.

If they get rolling again for a few years they had a good dividend as well

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ensign Drilling

Keystone or not, drilling will have to pick up eventually just to maintain production

Got it at 0.55, been dancing between 1.10 and 1.30.

If they get rolling again for a few years they had a good dividend as well
Have always made $$$ with Ensign, hard to go wrong there.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out of Calfrac when it was up at 0.30 and made some money before the reverse split and drop

A guy I read figured they had a bunch to drop still, due to a huge dilution of shares given to creditors

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out of Calfrac when it was up at 0.30 and made some money before the reverse split and drop

A guy I read figured they had a bunch to drop still, due to a huge dilution of shares given to creditors

I bought a little bit of Calfrac in the spring and I swear that the cost of all the mail/shipping/paper/packaging that I received about the fire sale cost more than the amount of stocks I owned. It was to the point where I just sold them all because all the paperwork was driving me nuts.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I bought a little bit of Calfrac in the spring and I swear that the cost of all the mail/shipping/paper/packaging that I received about the fire sale cost more than the amount of stocks I owned. It was to the point where I just sold them all because all the paperwork was driving me nuts.

I hear ya.... we got 3x the usual because we held stock in 3 different accounts - You'd think this day in age they could avoid all that crap. I get crap from a bunch of the stocks I own, some seem to be very little - don't think I've ever received anything from Apple, Pinnacle or Seven Gen.... but some of the penny stocks are over the top.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Added CRUZ:CNSX to my watchlist as well, another Cobalt stock.

Careful, some other these stocks are getting pumped because if Biden,. I see they ran CRUZ this morning then pulled it back hard. I flipped CO today for some good coin, bought them at .045

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Totally!
That was nuts!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful, some other these stocks are getting pumped because if Biden,. I see they ran CRUZ this morning then pulled it back hard. I flipped CO today for some good coin, bought them at .045

Yeah found that out the hard way today. Threw a few bucks at it, bought at the open for 0.155, sold for 0.125, oh well I knew it was a gamble from the beginning. I exited all my positions on cobalt today, did pretty well overall.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop losses
i wouldnt call myself a a daytrader
but have bought and sold in the same day or two quite a bit
think or swim on the td platform is a very good program for algorithmic trading

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop losses
i wouldnt call myself a a daytrader
but have bought and sold in the same day or two quite a bit
think or swim on the td platform is a very good program for algorithmic trading

My parents did that for a while,not sure if they were winning or losing though. I dont really have time to do that, so I tend to buy for long term gains. I see a lot of you guys like to flip in and out of stuff. But If it's working for you then that's good.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you buy a stock then sell it at a loss a few hours later?

Not judging just wondering.

Basically poor judgement.

I thought it was going on another run today, so I bought with the intention to sell at 0.20, which it never hit, it only went as high as 0.175. This fits the definition of day trading, but generally my strategy isn't day trading. I wanted to see what CRUZ would do, but only put $500 in it, so when it didn't work I sold. Enough money lost to learn something, not enough to affect my account.

Generally I would be considered a swing trader, making 5-20% gains on trades lasting from a few days to a month or two. Sometimes I can take advantages of price swings longer term investors don't, but I've also missed out on a lot of the longer term gains others seen in 2020. I'm not convinced my method is the best way for me, and lately have been trying shorter trades on more volatile stocks. I've made a couple good trades with high returns in a matter of days or a week, the above is an example of me getting it wrong. Generally when swing trading I trade less volatile stocks and have time to make decisions before the price changes to a position of significant loss, today I panicked and sold too late, holding would likely have been a better option.

Long term investing should be were I'm looking, but I have my doubts about the stability of the market in the longer term right now, so I'm holding off on that for the time being.

I've only been trading on my own for 2 years, so I still get it wrong lots, but overall I gain more than I loose.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically poor judgement.

I thought it was going on another run today, so I bought with the intention to sell at 0.20, which it never hit, it only went as high as 0.175. This fits the definition of day trading, but generally my strategy isn't day trading. I wanted to see what CRUZ would do, but only put $500 in it, so when it didn't work I sold. Enough money lost to learn something, not enough to affect my account.

Generally I would be considered a swing trader, making 5-20% gains on trades lasting from a few days to a month or two. Sometimes I can take advantages of price swings longer term investors don't, but I've also missed out on a lot of the longer term gains others seen in 2020. I'm not convinced my method is the best way for me, and lately have been trying shorter trades on more volatile stocks. I've made a couple good trades with high returns in a matter of days or a week, the above is an example of me getting it wrong. Generally when swing trading I trade less volatile stocks and have time to make decisions before the price changes to a position of significant loss, today I panicked and sold too late, holding would likely have been a better option.

Long term investing should be were I'm looking, but I have my doubts about the stability of the market in the longer term right now, so I'm holding off on that for the time being.

I've only been trading on my own for 2 years, so I still get it wrong lots, but overall I gain more than I loose.

People make lots of money trading good on em.
If you have a buisness to run or a full time job, it's hard to do.
Some assets aren't as liquid either.

Investing for the long term is going to build wealth guaranteed. Young guy keep putting money into good investments. (Doesnt have to be the stock market either) A certain amount you can afford each month type thing. You'll be a millionaire forsure.

I hear you on the markets, but cash is trash they just print the ****. I have 6 figures in cash, but at some point you have to do something with it. Bank gives me .25% and justin just printed a trillion Cad this year and we didnt produce ****!

Edit: also you cant be spending the profit every time it goes up, (not saying you are, just saying.. )or it will never grow into something. It needs to compound.

Last edited:
Top Bottom