Primary Spring________Almond(round) 140/330
Secondary Spring_____Black 155/222
Helix Angle___________56/42/.36
Gearing______________20T/42T

Last edited:

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip, so i think the above should be the stock set-up. correct me if i'm wrong

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what a Pro comes with stock for clutching

Weights_____________10-62
Primary Spring________Almond(round) 140/330
Secondary Spring_____Black 155/222
Helix Angle___________56/42/.36
Gearing______________20T/42T

I would say your bang on. Although running about four grams more in weight will work better.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
For spring conditions what are pepole running for clutch weights in there stock pro rmks? I run 62 for the mountains in 6000-8000 feet but was thinking of going to 60 for the warmer spring conditions.

Any input would be great:)

BostonBradley

Reaction score
Are new weights hard to install? I ordered heavier for lower elevations. Any help would before i get started would be appreciated.
Brad

radar09

Reaction score
Weights are pretty easy to change, you can pull the clutch off, or do it when the clutch is installed. Just pry the clutch open then put in a socket to hold it open, then you can unscrew the pin and then change the weight. Check the pin for wear, it is easy to get new ones with your weights and install new ones if needed.

radar09

Reaction score
Btw Boston, when you have the clutch open also check your rollers for flat spots, feel to see if they are running true

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You Guys be carefull doing it that way, with the socket.. It will work, if that socket flys out of there when you've got your fingers in there changing weights it WILL cut your finger off.. Take the cover off the clutch and remove the spring then theres no danger. Just make sure to put the clutch cover on the same way again( there is line up marks or just mark it with a felt before you take it apart).

If you have to take the clutch bolt out just be sure to properly torque it back on.

Sorry just giving the required info to be safe.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutley agree with just taking the cover off vs. the socket method. Takes like 5 minutes longer. Its safer and it also gives you a good chance to look over your clutch components for wear.

Top Bottom