stewart

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is rather variable up here. Some locations are doing good...Kitimat must be running 3+m snow pack (which is about normal there is a reason their welcome to Kitimat sign is a snowflake) with near 4feet in town. Our ski hill has a pathetic 80cm base which is about half of normal...there is more snow in downtown kitimat. Further north in the Nass Valley which is halfway to Stewart I probed about 1.5metres just below treeline the other day which is well below normal for that area. We are getting hit with a good storm right now and there is likely another 2' over the last couple of days at elevation. I haven't heard Stewart conditions but generally same trend as here but usually a bit more snow. I haven't heard the usual highway closed heavy snowfall warnings for Stewart that they get when it is getting pounded so possibly below normal too??

'Helgy' who is on this forum is their club pres so send a pm for a real update. It is was a late start but has been coming on steady and is looking to be a good year.

Top Bottom