Stewart - how's the snow

Itsworthit

Reaction score
Just got back form there yesterday, they are way down on snow this year, about 15 feet of the cabin is now showing, where as last year there was only about 2 feet of it showing, no snow in town at all, there was still about 6" of snow/ice on the trail at the water treatment plant, so you could off load there and right into snow, was raining when we left, I doubt there will be snow at the trail head at the end of April, and not sure if they let you drive up to the snow on the road then, not many people there but still lots of fresh pow everywhere you go, just lower snow pack levels, trail in was good

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody no how the snow in stewart is ?

chatted to rhett from stewart today snow is good not alot of fresh,but good going groomed on the 18th,man i hope the weather is good on 29th hope to ride friday to monday:beer:

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it is when you get back. I plan too go up there for May long weekend :d:beer:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well its calling for rain ,rain and more rain,but its still going to be a blast,hopefully some fresh[like calgary]whats that all about,lucky b@stards.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it is when you get back. I plan too go up there for May long weekend :d:beer:

snow is down ,lakes soft but so much to ride weather in and out met some albertans great group ,i would head back up for sure rideing still really good fresh snow[hail] every morning, mushy but i like that stuff,drive up to unload rate at the crusher . Wet snow:d hope this help .:)

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on sounds good, it's always a fun trip up there. We go every yr for May long. Is the border crossing still the same or do you need passports now ?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on sounds good, it's always a fun trip up there. We go every yr for May long. Is the border crossing still the same or do you need passports now ?

ya it hard to have a bad trip with good freinds in srewart,how the weather? on may long i've go in late june and rained hard put on 6 miles in 3 days:nono::rant:;):d

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather is hit and miss. Sometimes great and sometimes a few rainy mornings, but overall no complaints. It's always good too have a town day as we call it in the middle of the 7 days of riding lol... We usually dont hit the hill until 1 pm and then come down around 9 pm if we have a blue burner of a day :d:beer:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys stay in stewart or hyder,that border can get sketchy[well for me it has] LOL,

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the road is plowed we camp at the mine. But usually we stay at the Grand View Inn on the Hyder side. We take our groceries to cook at nite because nothing is open there late. We usually go to the Eddy for breakfast in the morn. But Helgy said Jodi at the the Glacier Inn might cook for us this year so that would be a bonus. We got a lil carried away at the Glacier last yr and she cooked us supper lol... We only had trouble at the border a few yrs back, other than that they are pretty good. :beer::d

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a blast,i'm in a wheel chair so,a flight of stairs ofter a good days riding is usaully a no go i'm ph fat,my wife is 5 foot 120 pounds im 5-10 260pounds so we camp alot, easy to fall on airmattres after a good ride and a few bevarages of choice.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone gonna be in Stewart for May long ?? Heading to Stewart on May 16 th for 10 days can't wait :d:beer:

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a great trip, good weather. Snow level is down lots this year. Bring your water wings lots of water too play on lol.. Made it back to Grand Duc and Happy valley cabin. Went down long lake and up on the Betty glacier. Long lake has lots of water starting too show. I would be very carefull on the glaciers, before we got there two fellas fell in a crevase. Fell about 70', were rescued and doing well. The are doing exploration there, both roads are plowed all the way thru now, out too Grand Duc and up too the cabin as well. I am glad we went, it was a blast. Border crossing wasn't too bad, the one young girl was a pain in the azz the rest were good. :beer:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good might have to head up for a weekend trip,i've seen alot of enclosed and reg trailer going by ,was it busy up there? thanks for the update

Top Bottom