steering shaft

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
help please

need a steering shaft for a summit 670 and do i need to pull the motor to change it i can see a frame mount stabalizer right where it hooks up to the steering rod but can't get at it.any body out there ever changed one. it runs under the motor and only one side is kinda accessable. i don't want to pull the motor cause i'll be working outside in the frigin cold.any help would be great.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my summit 500 I did it with motor in but couldnt get the bolts tight enough which came loose on a ride so I ended up pullin the engine,havent came loose since

i

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little plastic clamp/bushing that holds the shaft to the bulkhead broke on mine a couplte of years ago. We managed to replace it by taking the bolds off of the motor mounts and tilting the motor a bit. We needed a coulpe of socket extensions and a socket wobler or two though. it wasn't the easiest fix!

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well pulled motor today seeing that it was a nice day the first of it was easy i thought i was good until i tried to lift it out then i see the oil lines the outer part of the rave well any way it's out now all i need is a shaft so any body around cold lake got one. let me know please.

Top Bottom