Steering Column/Handlebars are Loose

lorne1176

Reaction score
If the ball joint is wearing out at the bottom of the post, then it's time to upgrade posts. I upgraded to a wildchild chromoly post(the straight one on top!!!):d

Steering-Ball-Joint.jpg

Here is a pic of the bracket Catmandoo was talking about. Mine was bent and the weld was cracked.

Steeringbase.jpg

The straight post relocates it to the front side of the steering hoop now? If so how does it handle in comparison to stock?

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bent post is the stock one I took out.:eek: It's not supposed to be bent!!:d Some of the older 1M's came with a factory bent post.

PM wildchild for a quote on a chromoly post. He can build you stock, extra length, custom bend above upper mount or full rider forward. Great guy and great products.:beer:

lorne1176

Reaction score
Kurt also mentioned he manufactures a post that relocates it to the front side of the steering hoop for more forward position. Just wondering if anyone has installed one and if so how well it works?

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
mine is infront of the hoop (if u mean by hoop the tubing where the bearing mounts to) mean
had to notch out my hood so i can close it

i like it works awesome

mine is 4" taller and 3" forward from wildchild

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did Kurts forward post and think it is one of the single best changes that can be made to that chassis. Makes it MUCH easier to throw around. I have done a few other things to my 02 800, but I love, love, love that sled.

Top Bottom