Staying in Fernie

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I can find someone who knows what they are talking about!

A buddy and I are staying in Fernie, and bringing our sleds.. obviously! Neither of us have been there before, and we're wondering:

Riding details, where to ride and stage, maybe some maps etc... We just have no idea where to go. we'll be riding an 04 summit x 144, and an 08 summit x 163. I would say average riders, enjoying a mix of open bowls, hills, trees, and jumping.

the second part is what is there for our wives to do during the day? they don't want to come up with us, and would rather do some shopping, or hanging out.

Any help with this would be great, especially because it sucks spending an entire day finding out where the riding spots are!

Thanks!!!!!

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For shopping..sorry no clue! lol The guys at Ghostrider are awesome and will give you lots of advice if you go there. You have a few choices of staging areas..all have great riding. I am sure someone else will respond with info on maps. Fernie has a club and I THINK they have a website. Years ago they had guys that would show you around. Hope this helps. Hope you get a better response but if not just remember Ghostrider :)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Some people don't think I know what I'm talking about but I will give you some information. The Park Place is a great place to stay; hot tub and indoor pool, nice pub, and great restaurant. Ask for Sheila and ask her for maps. I would suggest staging at Coal Creek and riding to the Coal Creek summit (the summit is an old burn area and is open and can be a lot of fun), Wrangler's cabin and into the Rolling Hills. First trip is a bit of an exploration trip and in those areas there is not a lot of danger other than getting lost or hitting trees/stumps. PM me and I'll provide more riding details.

The shopping is quite eclectic and caters mostly to skiers and boarders. Lots of little shops, speciality coffee, chocolate shop, and various souvenir shops. Lots of massage/spa type places that cater to women's fancies.

Good luck with your plans, fs

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you know what you are talking about FS ;) If you do the park make sure it is the pub resturant...the other takes FOREVER and isn't that great, pub YES, other noooo lol...just my opinion though. We have never actually stayed at the hotel but the pub fills up early :)

Top Bottom