Starlink

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ordered Starlink like I did in the last 30 days the price dropped from $759 to $499 recently. They are honoring this reduction with a simple easy form to fill out so you can receive the rebate just FYI

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I scooped a second one in the finals days of September for $276 for the hardware, the one I got this spring was in the $400 range.

Been very happy with the service east of Lloyd so far.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the pilot project is already done, just talk to the people.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1700253925478.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700253925478.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 78

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the pilot project is already done, just talk to the people.
The province announced Thursday it will be providing hardware rebates for Albertans who live in two remote areas on the southern border.

Residents and businesses of County of Forty Mile, County of Warner No. 5 and Cardston County — all located south of Medicine Hat and Lethbridge along the Canada-U-S border — can apply to be part of the pilot, which will test the use of satellite internet technology instead of fibre and fixed wireless technologies.

Under the pilot, those eligible need to buy new high-speed satellite internet service from Starlink between Thursday and until Feb. 16, 2024.

Then, between Dec. 15 and March 31, 2024, they can apply for a rebate of up to $1,000 that covers the cost of the Starlink hardware, shipping and taxes.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The province announced Thursday it will be providing hardware rebates for Albertans who live in two remote areas on the southern border.

Residents and businesses of County of Forty Mile, County of Warner No. 5 and Cardston County — all located south of Medicine Hat and Lethbridge along the Canada-U-S border — can apply to be part of the pilot, which will test the use of satellite internet technology instead of fibre and fixed wireless technologies.

Under the pilot, those eligible need to buy new high-speed satellite internet service from Starlink between Thursday and until Feb. 16, 2024.

Then, between Dec. 15 and March 31, 2024, they can apply for a rebate of up to $1,000 that covers the cost of the Starlink hardware, shipping and taxes.
This is some real bs in my opinion. Why does government need to subsidize a foreign company with our tax dollars?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta buy votes....
Pretty much. It's pretty frustrating though, especially being in the business of internet.

With the amount of federal and provincial tax dollars paid out in the last decade, my company could have built out Internet service to every resident of Canada. Instead of been used by massive corporations and paid out in the form of bonuses and dividends.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Pretty much. It's pretty frustrating though, especially being in the business of internet.

With the amount of federal and provincial tax dollars paid out in the last decade, my company could have built out Internet service to every resident of Canada. Instead of been used by massive corporations and paid out in the form of bonuses and dividends.
The purpose of government is to bleed the middle class dry and enrich the billionaires even more.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The purpose of government is to bleed the middle class dry and enrich the billionaires even more.
Always has been.

I know a guy who has a company, as does his wife. Hasn't paid taxes ever. Just retired, and has gotten away with it this long. Makes a guy wonder....

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody having issues with Bell WiFi calling not working on Starlink? It works on my phone at family and friends places with different ISPs.
I haven't tried it yet on mine personally, but I did use my bell phone off a starlink in Northern Ontario last winter.

Hopefully it does, that was kinda the main reason I scooped a second one.

One thing for sure on the android phone is to set up wifi calling while your still in regular service.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I haven't tried it yet on mine personally, but I did use my bell phone off a starlink in Northern Ontario last winter.

Hopefully it does, that was kinda the main reason I scooped a second one.

One thing for sure on the android phone is to set up wifi calling while your still in regular service.
It used to work, I just noticed it quit the last couple weeks.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've had heavy cloud rain and snow last couple days. Download speed is the lowest I've seen since getting my system at 4.5mbps this morning.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your heater turned on? We had fresh snow last night and I'm still getting 100+

Not thick heavy snow though

Top Bottom