Stalling when hot

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 06 outlander 650 with a 800 top end and Power comander 3 , stelth snorkels, after market fuel filter.
Runs great all the time except when I'm crawling through the trails and will stall I turn the key off and back on let the fuel pump run for a couple seconds and it will start rite up. If I pic up my speed this stalling issue will go away. What's causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 06 outlander 650 with a 800 top end and Power comander 3 , stelth snorkels, after market fuel filter.
Runs great all the time except when I'm crawling through the trails and will stall I turn the key off and back on let the fuel pump run for a couple seconds and it will start rite up. If I pic up my speed this stalling issue will go away. What's causing this?

When I read the title I thought you were talking about your girlfriend.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have an AFR? If you don't you should that will probably tell the tale. If everything seems fine there probably have to set a fuel pressure gauge and watch it...

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should get a AFR gauge. I have the fuel programmer cranked up . It's like it's running out of fuel

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I shut it off and restart it I let the run a couple sec and it starts right up. I put a new fuel filter and it didn't help

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds like it's running out of fuel. Does it do it all the time? Buddy's 2010 800 would do the same thing when fuel level was 3/4 tank or lower. Took us a bit to isolate it to that. Ended up being a fuel pump.

Tight valves may also cause this. Might be worth a quick check.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check fuel pump pressure...should hold 51 psi. FUBAR'd pump fairly common for this age of Can Am.

Top Bottom