staging at york creek

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please advise all snowclub members that 770538/793128 Alberta Ltd. are actively harvesting timber in York Creek. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the road has been plowed from the Staging Area to the bridge for safety and access of logging trucks and equipment. There may be dirt patches that snowmobiles will have to drive on to access the back country. There is limited staging around the bridge area.

There are signs posted, but please use caution when driving on the road.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Please advise all snowclub members that 770538/793128 Alberta Ltd. are actively harvesting timber in York Creek. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the road has been plowed from the Staging Area to the bridge for safety and access of logging trucks and equipment. There may be dirt patches that snowmobiles will have to drive on to access the back country. There is limited staging around the bridge area.

There are signs posted, but please use caution when driving on the road.

Thanks for the information.

It sounds like one can ride on plowed logging roads in Alberta! Is that the case?

Manatee

Reaction score
Heading up to Coleman this weekend.
Was going to ride York for a day or two. Can anyone tell me what it's like up there. Is it a pain in the butt to get into with the logging going on? How is the snow? Anything else I should know?
Thanks,

Rjm350

Reaction score
There is a new drive through parking area off the right side of the rode (by the old staging area). They must have made this in the summer. Its great to park big trailers now, and you don't have to worry about being in the way of the logging trucks. The trail is somewhat plowed, but its no problem ridding the sleds in on it. Obviously be aware of oncoming logging trucks.
As for snow I was there a week ago, and they had about 8" of fresh then, and i would guess they have had at least that much since then.

Manatee

Reaction score
Great to hear.
Thanks for the information. I guess I can update you in a couple of days, cause we're gonna try it.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whole fam and friends riding this weekend 23 sleds. we are staying at adanac adventures from what she said we can access from there is this true.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up to Coleman this weekend.
Was going to ride York for a day or two. Can anyone tell me what it's like up there. Is it a pain in the butt to get into with the logging going on? How is the snow? Anything else I should know?
Thanks,

HEY Manatee is that you guys that we talked to in Raingauge 2 weeks ago??? one of you had the 011pro other had a 010 dragon turbo??

i had the 010summit and the guy iwas with had the 011 m8

Rjm350

Reaction score
whole fam and friends riding this weekend 23 sleds. we are staying at adanac adventures from what she said we can access from there is this true.

Ya you can access York Creek from Adanac Adventures. with having said that its a long way around. Anyway you have to head south on the Adanac road then when it comes to the T you are at the Satoris road (sp??)/Carbondale road. Go right at the T. Follow this west to the Y in the road. Take the right side of the Y and this will lope you around to the trails that allow you to access the York area. As for the names of the roads, I'm not 100% sure because trail maps and google maps have different names.
hope that helps a bit.

Manatee

Reaction score
Warhawk,
No that wasn't me, but I was talking to your Buddy Shaun from Moose Jaw. I do know those guys that you were riding with. What did you think of the new PRO?
Anyway, Shaun and I are were discussing possibly riding with you guys on Sunday. We won't get there until close to noon or 1 saturday, so we will just have a partial day that day. But maybe we'll ride Sunday in Fernie. He has my cel number. Maybe we'll see you guys up there.

Later.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually come to think of it it was some guys from Kindersly. they might not have been there for a week but it was alot of days. one guy was on a older blue yammie MM other on a Polaris6/700 and one guy was borrowing a xp summit from a buddy. Little guy on polaris had popped his shoulder out the day before. can't remember there names.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually come to think of it it was some guys from Kindersly. they might not have been there for a week but it was alot of days. one guy was on a older blue yammie MM other on a Polaris6/700 and one guy was borrowing a xp summit from a buddy. Little guy on polaris had popped his shoulder out the day before. can't remember there names.

The group I met up with was from Moose Jaw or Regina. I tried to show them around a little but they had some beginner riders, some had trouble getting into Barns and raingauge, (actually some could not get into either areas as there was some fresh snow) I got some of them in but then showed them some medows to ride in. They were having no luck at all

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope that wasn't us. I was with Newfie1 he rides a 011 HCR and i ride a 010 summit Everest. If they where from Regina/ Moosejaw (same place Newfie and myself are from) maybe Newfie will chime in here if he new them.

what kind of sleds where they riding?? maybe we say them??

Top Bottom