Staging At Inn On the Border

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figure i would start a thread so everyone would know rather than just sending a PM.

Do you guys (Inn on the Border) allow folks to stage at your place and head out even if they are not staying there?

Can you get onto the BC side from Inn on the Border? If so are you planning on grooming regularly? I was reading somewhere in another thread i was active in, about you guys wrangling up some fees to buy a pull-behind of some sort...
What would you guys charge at the 'Toll Booth' on weekends?

Besides, I here you guys have the best prime rib around. Another reason to stage at your place......

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ronmexico, you can stage there but if i were you i would eat there/stay there, stage in Fernie. Especially if you want to ride BC. For years we rode from the Inn and the trails to the fun stuff usually are very bumpy and lacking snow now we just head the extra few min to Fernie OR you can go just past the Inn and stage at umm can't remember what they call it sorry, just know where to go! LOL About 10 min past the Inn turn off is a sign Elk something (left side of road) turn there cross tracks go until you see a Tin shack, you will see lots of other trailers ect. Jumps ya right onto Pipeline which isn't fun UNLESS of course they get a great over night dump then it ROCKs! Just this girls opinion though :) The Inn is a great place to eat/stay though!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree..the extra drive to Fernie gets way more snow on the trail and its groomed....the tin shack is up the corbin road..

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree..the extra drive to Fernie gets way more snow on the trail and its groomed....the tin shack is up the corbin road..

I cant wait anymore,,,, all this talk Dobir its killing me, I have a problem...

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you guys say 'Drive to Fernie' do you mean turn off for the Corbin road entrance just over the border before sparwood which i heard leads to a tin shack? Or do you mean literally drive to Fernie and stage there? I think you mean the first one (stage at tin shack) If so, is it a really rough ride to get to Wranglers cabin where i hear the 'Good' play areas are?
I heard all along the Pipeline sucks too as far as terrain goes, unless it gets a decent dump, in which case where isnt a good play area. (rhetorical)

Thanks guys. I heard someone say all this waiting for the first ride makes a guy more anxious than the wedding night. I just got married last year and its coming close to matching that feeling!!

:i_need_snow:

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mean go to Fernie!! LOL

The pipeline has lots of places to go off and play but the pipeline unless there is a new good bunch of snow SUCKS! It is rough/bumpy ect. The wrangler cabin is a short ride when staging around one of Fernies staging areas. Rolling hills is good too and its right there. Where ever you decided snow is snow and is all good..so have fun!

slabm7

Reaction score
The ride from the Tin Shack to Wranglers cabin can be terrible, its about 23km and a rough trail. Unless there is a fresh dump then its a great ride. There are also a few creek crossings on the pipeline as well, the last one can get quite deep in the middle. Last year we went there early in the year and it was about 3 ft deep in the middle and about 20 ft across. The other ones are quite shallow but quite rocky.

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
HMMMM. Lots of people getting exited! Cool!.
Let the Bears head into there caves and let us pull the sleds out of theres..
Verlee and I have owned the lodge for 2 years, this will B our 3rd winter.We have been working hard to (SMOOTH) out the trail to the backcountry. The trail from your cabin will take you 2 lots of different areas. most popular is Corbin. Half way to Corbin on the trail U can take tent mtn pass which takes u to the tin shack. (pipeline)
The pipeline is only good whene there is huge fresh snow and avy danger in the bowls. It is actually exellent on a fresh dump. U have to hit it at the right time.
I purchased a 1980 BOMBI ( 380hrs on it) MID last season to replace the VK540. Thank GOD ! it was a terrible way to spend the day on the VK. With the BOMBI I can now put the blade on the groomer into the snow. The Drag that I have is Heavy, I have to travel over a mtn pass to get all the way to corbin, and getting stuck SUCKS. I would like to build or buy a better design Drag, But funds are a little low. ( Building new cabin ).

YES! U can stage from my place.. On busy weekends I will groom from the cabins to corbin 2-3 times. Of course, I am now getting better at asking for a donation.
Riding time into the bowls from your cabin is 20-30min MAX! with a few climbs here and there in the middle. V and I are going to mark them this year.
From your cabin U can get to Corbin (Harvey) 20-30min. Fernie ( Rolling and pipeline) 20-30min, Alexander - 20-30min, Deadmans Pass ( ATLAS) 20-30min.
U can also trailer to all these spots, some of which are farther by trailer. When I used to travel to go sledding, I always looked for the places that I did'nt have to start my truck for the rest of my Trip.
Have a look at the website under ski-dooing. some pics of Corbin Country. I will B online again 2morow night
I'm out
Curtis

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes...I mean drive to Fernie...you come with us Mexico and we will show you..I am planning an intervention for John I and you could participate...we are going to force that man into counselling..for his sledding issues among other things

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the trails are a good time they can get get a little lumpy between snow dumps but still a great place to take the family, ive been staying at the inn for a few years now and its a very cool place and great people curtis and v have done an excellent job at bringin the inn back on line (the previous owners realy sucked in my opinion )hey curt ive got a new toy for christmas im pickin it up on thuresday from dons speed parts all teeth and claws this year at christmas :d lol.:beer::beer::beer::d

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
the trails are a good time they can get get a little lumpy between snow dumps but still a great place to take the family, ive been staying at the inn for a few years now and its a very cool place and great people curtis and v have done an excellent job at bringin the inn back on line (the previous owners realy sucked in my opinion )hey curt ive got a new toy for christmas im pickin it up on thuresday from dons speed parts all teeth and claws this year at christmas :d lol.:beer::beer::beer::d

Can't Wait! Verlee saying it snowed all day @ the lodge. Not much sticking around at 4500ft, but some atv'ers stopped in and said it was snowing hard up top, and had to come down.
Fill me in on the new Kitty!!!
Curt

SparkyX670

Reaction score
Good discusion peeps.I have ridden from the tin shack last year and it was very rough.I also rode from Fernie and it was groomed for a way and then it was very rough as well.Like everyone said new snow can change that.I will go back again this year because it is worth the trip.Hey Curtis, I am a welder and have a portable rig.I would be willing to help modify your drag for the groomer.Rough trails suck!

Top Bottom