Stageing: Tin Shack, Coal Creek(Fernie) or Morrissey?

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know how to do a poll (if thats even an option) But.....
Where does everyone coming through the CNP prefer to stage to get to the same riding area (Wranglers Cabin, etc...) ?

I have never ridden the Fernie area (CANT WAIT!!) I have a Fernie map that i bought at the Sled show in Edmonton and looking at it i would say the Tin Shack would be the quickest and best, however there are alot of Albertans saying they HATE the rough ride on the Pipeline and continue on to Fernie, and some to Morrissey.

Lets hear what everyone thinks and why.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know how to do a poll (if thats even an option) But.....
Where does everyone coming through the CNP prefer to stage to get to the same riding area (Wranglers Cabin, etc...) ?

I have never ridden the Fernie area (CANT WAIT!!) I have a Fernie map that i bought at the Sled show in Edmonton and looking at it i would say the Tin Shack would be the quickest and best, however there are alot of Albertans saying they HATE the rough ride on the Pipeline and continue on to Fernie, and some to Morrissey.

Lets hear what everyone thinks and why.

Morissey is groomed regulary, but it takes 40 minutes from inn on the boarder, but takes you to all the same stuff, nice groomer but more truck time, if it dumps stage at corbin, thats the way we roll, go with the weather my friend, if theres 6 or more inches you can bang the pipeline out in 20 minutes just tape the throtle down and hold on till your up top,
we will show ya around ronmexico dont worry, you are booked for the counseling

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya..I agree with, "thats how we roll"..if it snows that is the main thing...if it doesn't you got sore back..

GRD

Reaction score
It would take a while to get to Harvey from the Tin Shack... You would have to Stage at the old Corbin town site or go over to the Morissey staging area...

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tin shack shortest distance either by sled or truck 45 min to fernie, then another 30 min to morrisey, i'd rather ride a sled. and if you get there early unload at the yellow gates, and indy 500 down the road:d

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has this thread not been done again and again and again and........???? Just curious I thought same guy, same thread about 10 x now?

M

mattmedic

Has this thread not been done again and again and again and........???? Just curious I thought same guy, same thread about 10 x now?
too funny, it's new to me , if we all loked for past posts what would we write about, sewing, lol just joking !!!!!! smile it makes people wonder what your up to !!!!!

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Cat Girl, not sure what to say. I guess i apologize for being excited about sledding and hanging out in forum with others who also share my same enthusiasm............???? :eek:

Anyways...... Thanks guys for all the input, sounds like 6" or more i will be hitting up Tin-Shack, less than than that and its onward to Fernie!

:beer:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We always stage at the Tin Shack lately. Don't feel like driving to Fernie. Plus there are some fun areas along the way on the pipeline. The pipeline can be a rough ride and challenging with creek crossings. I've always wondered why no one has built bridges along there.
A few years ago we had some stuff stolen when we staged just outside Fernie. Nothing major just more annoying than anything.
Haven't been to Corbin townsite in a few years. Need someone that knows the area to point out the play areas. We did make it to raingauge but it was too risky for avys at the time.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you allow us to stage from the "inn",we will gladly pay you money to help your cost of grooming.the added security of parking in your lot is what really appeals to me.see you this winter.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you allow us to stage from the "inn",we will gladly pay you money to help your cost of grooming.the added security of parking in your lot is what really appeals to me.see you this winter.

Yep, what Bunn said. Don't feel bad about asking for a "donation" or making user pay. If it saves on fuel in the truck, its secure and the trail is good and you can get to a riding area sooner, we should all be willing to pay for it!

Security is half the reason I drive to Morrissey, the fact that there is a lot attendant collecting fees means that there is likely someone in the parking lot at all times. It's worth the extra time and money to me to not have to replace the windows in my truck and all the other stuff that goes along with it.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the 'Modman' It would be worth the $10 donation per sled for me to park in your lot if the trail was groomed and knowing the rig is in a secure area. Plus think of all those thirsty and hungry sledders at the end of the day providing the 'Inn' with revenue.

Is there alot of vandalism at the pipeline or corbin stageing areas?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the 'Modman' It would be worth the $10 donation per sled for me to park in your lot if the trail was groomed and knowing the rig is in a secure area. Plus think of all those thirsty and hungry sledders at the end of the day providing the 'Inn' with revenue.

Is there alot of vandalism at the pipeline or corbin stageing areas?

Haven't heard of or seen anything happen there, but like Golden last year, :mad: all it takes is one bad apple or opportunist to walk off with a jeffy can full of fuel to wreck your mood at the end of a nice long day of sledding.

If you see someone stealing from anyone, or suspicious activity, license plate and vehicle description at the least, lets look out for one another this year. If you get the opportunity, a nice cresent wrench to the face of the offending individual works good too.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does everyone stay in Fernie? The only places I've stayed are the Stanford and Best Western but find them a little pricy and they are often booked up.

If I ride the CNP it's almost always out of Corbin - if the pipeline's not rough going in it's almost always rough coming out!

If we ride Fernie we always stage from the dump. Lots of areas with few riders.

ttyl Shawn

catgnomes

Reaction score
We were wondering the same damn thing - been in the area, heard everyone rattle off advice, but this thread actually helps. Thanks.
One really good map drawn out would be awesome.
Where do you stay when you ride these areas? We stayed at the Inn on the border and love it. Realy like the idea of were you can sled from the door - thinking about taking a big group and some kids, and wondering what else is out there in these areas? Anybody?

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does everyone stay in Fernie? The only places I've stayed are the Stanford and Best Western but find them a little pricy and they are often booked up.

If I ride the CNP it's almost always out of Corbin - if the pipeline's not rough going in it's almost always rough coming out!

If we ride Fernie we always stage from the dump. Lots of areas with few riders.

ttyl Shawn

Super 8 is good

Top Bottom