stabilizer bar questions

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an 06 Crossfire and was wondering about the stabilizer bar. I was thinking of removing it to see if I get better handleing. I find that Im getting tossed and thrown every direction riding this machine. Very rigid to me. I rode a 98 ZR 500 before I bought this Crosssfire and I had removed the stabilizer bar. Seemed to float alot more, and I could throw that sled around alor better. What's some of your opinions on removing the bar? Pros and cons? Thanks:)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Mine is removed and I dought I'll ever ride with them in. I also ride an XP though. I'm sure every machine and there suspension will react a little different without the swaybar. Just remove it and giver a good ride and see what you think. Let us know how it works out. Good Luck.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I yank them and the coupler blocks on my sleds now. Much prefer the ride. Without the stabilizer you all you need is more body english on trail. More fun that way anway.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to yank it off today, NO luck. Undid all the bolts, and NOTHING. Wont slide out, tried the hammer, NOPE. What am I doing wrong? :nono:

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man, you gotta ask yourself one question do I wanna trail ride or RIDE POW!![/QUOTE

I do both, but I want it off, tired of getting tossed and bucked around. :d

I have no idea how yours is mounted, but on mine Itook the cutters to that bar & shabing , I 'm a little freaked coming out on the trail after a day in the alpine,so I find I gotta slow down alot more into the corners other than that amazing control in the pow!!!!!!!![media]https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/images/smilies/trustme.gif[/media]

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to my local dealer about the bar issue. Guess they only come out 1 way, and of course, I did it on the WRONG side. I was trying to pull it out from the left side, so when I get it back from the shop ( its in getting a 144X2 track put on) I will try removing it from the right side. Will let you know how that works, LOL. :eek:

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to my local dealer about the bar issue. Guess they only come out 1 way, and of course, I did it on the WRONG side. I was trying to pull it out from the left side, so when I get it back from the shop ( its in getting a 144X2 track put on) I will try removing it from the right side. Will let you know how that works, LOL. :eek:

books help out sometimes.

Top Bottom