St Mary's Lake Road

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
Heya,

Looking at going from Radium Hot Springs to Ainsworth Hot Springs. Google maps and MS Streets say to go between the two places using St.Mary's Road rather than the highway. I want to know what the road condition is please? Gravel? Potholes/washboard? steep hills?

Do you recommend going via highway through Creston?

Pete

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heya,

Looking at going from Radium Hot Springs to Ainsworth Hot Springs. Google maps and MS Streets say to go between the two places using St.Mary's Road rather than the highway. I want to know what the road condition is please? Gravel? Potholes/washboard? steep hills?

Do you recommend going via highway through Creston?

Pete

It is called the Grey Creek Pass, you don't want to go over it in a low ground clearance vehicle. There are some massive avy debry piles across the road this year. Unless the forestry plows it out, it probably won't be clear untill mid July. It is usualy snow free by the end of june.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another name for it is the Redding creek road, closed with too much snow until July 1st or so. I have never tried it yet but do want to, have heard it is very nice lots of good creek fishing. If you want to make time , yes go through Creston.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've quadded from Gray ck to St Mary lake, no problem taking a car through at that time, 2 years ago. Lots of intersections so a GPS with topo maps is a good idea. Just won't be getting through anytime soon unless it's been plowed for logging.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up there a couple days ago, and still 3-4 ft of snow at Oliver Lake, the road summit. May not open till late July-early August, this year as they aren't logging this yr and plowing WILL NOT happen.

Also a major slide occurred on Crawford Crk/Rose Pass/Plaid Lake Rd a week ago.

Top Bottom