St. Anthony

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Just got back from a week in the dunes. I've always been partial to dirt bikes or sport quads in the sand but this trip changed my outlook somewhat. Rode the bike first day, switched to my Renegade, back to the bike, took the Griz out for 1/2 a day. The Griz is enjoyable but just way too tame. Spent the rest of the week on the Renegade learning how to really ride a 4X4 sport quad. Like cheating really, you can side hill the crap out of the thing, climb anything you want, comfy, great range, and power slides forever. Almost gave up the bike. Almost. Oh and no we don't run paddle cheaters, just knobbies. Has to be some challenge. Stayed at the BLM site for the first couple of days but they are upgrading the "B" sites. Noisy, dusty. Off to Desert Oasis. Nice site, until Friday we were the lone tenants. Sandhills Resort seems to be closed. Headed back in May right after sled season.

Life is rough.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the holliday weekends, we see the lifeflight helli make multiple runs out there and back each day....

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
No chopper trips for us thanks. The Renegade is blazing fast here in the flatland but could use more steam in the sand. Started riding at St. Anthony in the 80's, never had a crap ride. The retail outlets and staff in Canada could take lessons from the folk in retail down south. I am pleasently surprized every time we head down for a trip. Except California. Drag out the sleds, bring on the snow.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were you able to get over Choke with the Renegade? I want to put a supercharged Apex motor in a Banshee chassis. I think a 240hp Banshee would make quick work of Choke, lol. :d

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Oh ya. Stock Renegade will lose to lighter stuff in an uphill drag but will go over anything out there. We played for a while on the back side of Thunder but the straight climbing thing isn't us. We put on about 150 km average per day. Went up to the Crapo marker, then back to the north end of everything, south east past the old watering hole etc. Too many dunes, not enough energy, time or fuel.

fastford

Reaction score
Sweet we are heading out at the end of April 09. Got a group of 7 going out of Edmonton for a week on our first trip there. Thinking of staying in Rexburg since we dont have an RV. Any info we should know before we go besides flags?

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week in the dunes. I've always been partial to dirt bikes or sport quads in the sand but this trip changed my outlook somewhat. Rode the bike first day, switched to my Renegade, back to the bike, took the Griz out for 1/2 a day. The Griz is enjoyable but just way too tame. Spent the rest of the week on the Renegade learning how to really ride a 4X4 sport quad. Like cheating really, you can side hill the crap out of the thing, climb anything you want, comfy, great range, and power slides forever. Almost gave up the bike. Almost. Oh and no we don't run paddle cheaters, just knobbies. Has to be some challenge. Stayed at the BLM site for the first couple of days but they are upgrading the "B" sites. Noisy, dusty. Off to Desert Oasis. Nice site, until Friday we were the lone tenants. Sandhills Resort seems to be closed. Headed back in May right after sled season.

Life is rough.

did you take it out of 1st gear this time LOL

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet we are heading out at the end of April 09. Got a group of 7 going out of Edmonton for a week on our first trip there. Thinking of staying in Rexburg since we dont have an RV. Any info we should know before we go besides flags?

You could also stay in st anthony.....just not as many hotel choices.

If this april is anything like last, you'de probably be better off bringing your sleds..

either way, come on down and tear it up.....:d

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We come down alot, and we have stayed in Rexburg but we like to camp. It beats the heck out loading up everyday and it's nice to have the camper there to barbeque up steaks at lunch, lol. The pic in my avatar was taken just by Thunder. The Banshee underneath can top choke in fourth with a 280lb guy on it and stock gearing with a 22" tire.......................it's for sale.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year the dunes were closed until May 1st. I am hoping to go early June.

We went last year for May long(States may long), would be nice if it was a bit less rainy so thats why i plan on delaying it a few weeks.

Top Bottom