Spring Snow...... can be dangerous

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shoveled off they hood of my truck this morning before heading out. Didn't shovel off the roof. pulled into an intersection to turn left and applied the brakes... all the heavy wet snow slid off the roof down onto the windsheild and completely covered it. I was blind. Had to get out and push it off by hand in the middle of the intersection. Could have been worse. Was a bit embarassed but glad it didnt cost me!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HAHAHAHA, HAPPENED TO ME TOO...... SLOWED DOWN WHEN SOMEONE IN FRONT OF ME TURNED, AND THE ROOF SNOW AVY'D ONTO MY WINDSHIELD AND THE WIPERS WERE STUCK...... COULDN'T SEE, SO I KINDA GUESSED AT THE NEXT DRIVEWAY TO SWEEP OFF THE SNOW FROM THE WINDSHIELD..... ALSO HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER, AND THIS IS HER STORY: "That was an interesting hour and a half drive to work... Pulled over on the Henday to clear my windshield off from the snow on my roof that slid down making it impossible for me to see... Only to have the poop scared out of me by a lady in the ditch I didn't see who was completely covered by snow because she'd been stuck there for two hours with a dead phone freezing her butt off. I'm down a sweater and my lunch, but I hope she got out..."

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When you guys are in avi country you gotta watch out for terrain traps......roof snow sliding down windshield and getting caught up in the wipers = terrain trap!!!

Clean all the snow off the vehicle before leaving.....my dad taught me that 50 years ago....

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a buddy get a deal on his enclosed trailer because the previous owner thought flying down the hiway would clean it off!!Needless to say the roof buckled on the first frost heave!!This spring snow weighs a ton!!

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you guys are in avi country you gotta watch out for terrain traps......roof snow sliding down windshield and getting caught up in the wipers = terrain trap!!!

Clean all the snow off the vehicle before leaving.....my dad taught me that 50 years ago....

Easy for you to say............some of us can't reach do to being vertically challenged.............LMAO

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the snow flies off your roof as you drive and causes a hazard to drivers behind you, guess who will get charged.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ferniesnow

Easy for you to say............some of us can't reach do to being vertically challenged.............LMAO

That's what a S-A stool is for.

Short azz

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a legitimate reason??? I don't think so. So get out the stool and get out there a little early so you aren't late for work.
Its my fault..... i dragged all the quads out of the toyhauler and filled the garage up ( her parking spot) ..... figures it would snow like crazy..... but hey i was bored, and i wanted to tinker around with the toys... thats a worthy cause isnt it?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not just punch it out of the driveway, snow ends up in the back (or through the tonneau cover I guess)

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a pet peeve of mine take 3 minutes might save you a accident.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

How come nobody mentioned that Fs must b REALLY fawkin old!

Like Imdooin old!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No he's not imdooin old. But close :D

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did mine with a broom this morning. Then I threw the broom in the truck as I expected the snow to keep going throughout the day, and have to do it again at work.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Armondo got me a snowbrush for vertically challenged people. Its telescopic and can be found at PA stories across the country! I can brush the roof off my tahoe with the greatest of ease :)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Top Bottom