Spring riding?????

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am concerned and have been every day I ride that the bulk head will suffer serious damage (don't need to tell me to just ride and not to worry about it nor the fact that that is what insurance is for). Didn't worry on the T3 nor the XM's as they were DIY fixes and parts weren't that expensive.

The big concern is coming up for our spring rides when the trail starts to deteriorate and we may (not may but we will) come down or go up on rocks and dirt. Even the groomers will be scraping the snow off the rocks and with a fresh snow fall covering them they won't be noticeable.

What are your serious thoughts on this scenario? I know all the Doo bashers and the G4 bashers may have a hay day but it would be nice to keep this serious.

driller

Reaction score
i think you have a valid concern due to the fact no official word from brp on whether it is a design flaw or operator abuse ie hitting something solid pretty easy to say operator fault and leave the bill in owner's hands.
Some say brp is covering the cost of repair and others are out the repair cost.
not a great feeling and will have to see if they do a recall. Cost would be huge compared to changing pistons in the first etec's
going to be interesting if there is a part number change up in the parts affected or a different design for the 18's. The snowcheck season will soon be upon us and for sure brp is going to answer the questions on what they have done to make them better to get people lay down there money on them.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Braces are now available.
They are/were pretty standard on the XM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing for sure. Carbides off and replaced with steel wear bars.

Yuppers too the ^^^.

Pre-scout out the area you want to sift, then get at it.
Ride wize will save you time and funds.

Think distance and ride like you want it.

Lem

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am concerned and have been every day I ride that the bulk head will suffer serious damage (don't need to tell me to just ride and not to worry about it nor the fact that that is what insurance is for). Didn't worry on the T3 nor the XM's as they were DIY fixes and parts weren't that expensive.

The big concern is coming up for our spring rides when the trail starts to deteriorate and we may (not may but we will) come down or go up on rocks and dirt. Even the groomers will be scraping the snow off the rocks and with a fresh snow fall covering them they won't be noticeable.

What are your serious thoughts on this scenario? I know all the Doo bashers and the G4 bashers may have a hay day but it would be nice to keep this serious.
When has a thread on here ever stayed serious?

Seriously though, "it's not a matter of insurance will cover it", it's a matter of losing half your season getting it fixed or replaced.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Braces are now available.
They are/were pretty standard on the XM.

I've never used nor felt the need for the Grip an' Rip braces and never had a problem. The question has not been answered nor is there very much information on the present installs for this bulk head. Is warranty denied when the braces are installed?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When has a thread on here ever stayed serious?

Seriously though, "it's not a matter of insurance will cover it", it's a matter of losing half your season getting it fixed or replaced.

That is also a problem and maybe more so as the season progresses with the availability of parts. Going back to the original post, I can foresee a real problem coming down the trails we ride in the spring. Like, there are kilometres of rock and dirt on the south facing slopes and there could be 10 kilometres of rideable snow around the corner before another south facing part of the trail appears.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Doug, pretend your in the designer shoes sitting at your desk in Valcourt, and in walks the warranty claim manager, venting his concerns. What would you suggest?

Top Bottom