SPOT missing at Allen Creek

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to why the SPOT is missing at the Allen cabin. Sure hope it wasn't stolen!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327110358.526891.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327110358.526891.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 430

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone broke their femur way back and they needed the spot to get a chopper out there .... thats all i know

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It still isn't there.

I think the party that took the SPOT for the emergency (broken femur) may still have it with all the confusion but I am sure they fully intend to return it as they were likely very thankful to have had it there for their use. Thanks to the SPOT the proper authorities were alerted and then when the SPOT was taken to the accident scene authorities had a pin point on the location of the accident. Search and Rescue and Shawn Fowler from Whisper Creek Log Homes were at the Allen Cabin shortly after dark as the accident happened later in the day. Kudo's to Shawn and Search and Rescue who worked entirely in the dark with high winds and heavy snowfall to bring the injured party down to the ambulance waiting in the parking lot just before midnight.

garthdinwoodie

Reaction score
It wasnt stolen, gave it back to shawn fowler to take it back up for us. Was in the group that used it and took off the next day so we left it to be put back up there. Very thankful it was there, had our own but spot had trouble getting the coordinates off of it, so used the cabins. Thanks to Varda, search and rescue, and some fellow sledders for all the much need help also!

Top Bottom