Sportsman Problems

B&B

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Sportsman 500HO that is giving me some electrical problems. It loses all display/headlights stop working/winch/and FWD cut out sometimes for a while and sometime quickly off and on. I took it to a dealer ship and they said it wouldn't do it for them so they couldn't help. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or nows how to fix it.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad wire. I'm not positive but I don't think all of that is on the same fuse which makes me think its a bad ground.

dirtygirll

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg!!! I'm not crazy!!! I've got an 02 sportsman 400, all exact same issues!!!! Pretty positive I've got a wire issue in my strut. Just gotta get it open. From what I've been told, everything runs together, doesn't make much sense to me but I've taken my hubs apart a 100 times and there's nothing wrong there. Those hubs are magnetos and without the wire functioning properly ur displays and speedo won't work. ???? And the winch? Dunno but mine won't work either! I know I was no help! Lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have a common ground issue. The speedo is involved because that controls the rpm/mph that the front diff is engaged under............

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg!!! I'm not crazy!!! I've got an 02 sportsman 400, all exact same issues!!!! Pretty positive I've got a wire issue in my strut. Just gotta get it open. From what I've been told, everything runs together, doesn't make much sense to me but I've taken my hubs apart a 100 times and there's nothing wrong there. Those hubs are magnetos and without the wire functioning properly ur displays and speedo won't work. ???? And the winch? Dunno but mine won't work either! I know I was no help! Lol

Oh well, at least your dirty. :)

Top Bottom