Sportsman 400 HO vs 350 Big Bear

mikejenn

Reaction score
I now have 99 350 big bear and I'm looking at getting a new quad. Thinking on the Sportsman 400 HO. Is this quad comparable to the big bear? I use it for work mostly and the big bear does just fine. No I don't need a 500cc or large quad the 350 cc- 400 cc range is just fine.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I now have 99 350 big bear and I'm looking at getting a new quad. Thinking on the Sportsman 400 HO. Is this quad comparable to the big bear? I use it for work mostly and the big bear does just fine. No I don't need a 500cc or large quad the 350 cc- 400 cc range is just fine.

AWD vs 2-1/2 wheel drive. Swing arm suspension vs IRS. One ride and you will not be going back to big bear.:d

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ridden them all and can't find fault with the 400HO. Never tried mud so can't comment on that. The CVT/PVT tight belt system is phenomenal. L range is built in so just push the shifter forward and go. 70 Hrs since Jan, on tracks, trail riding. Slow trail riding seems to get 18-20 mpg. Great machine.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Sportsman 400 will be a wonderful experience for you when you compare it to the '99 Big Bear 350. There really is no comparison as the Polaris 400 is pretty much all new tech and and then some? And I am not even a Polaris fan? We had a '98 Big Bear in the Family and it can't hold a candle to any of newer atvs in the same class when looking back at it. There are alot of optional offerings now in the 400 + class. Have fun checking them all out. :)

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Dunno about giving up a yami in favor of a poo. If you want to stay with a smaller cc why not the new 550 grizzly or a 450 kodiak? If your into mud then this is the best 4WD/difflock and IRS. Not sure if the smaller Poo's have IRS I've never had to look at the back of one ;)

Top Bottom