Sportman 400 Issue & Question??

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Ok I need some more help LOL

Renting a Sprotman 400 for work right now...Been in some mud, got a bit stuck today but drove out after some spinning...

Now the quad seems to keep pulling to the right intermittently...it seems to pull, then let off, then pull to the right again, quite frequently...brakes dont seem to be grabbing.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this??

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I need some more help LOL

Renting a Sprotman 400 for work right now...Been in some mud, got a bit stuck today but drove out after some spinning...

Now the quad seems to keep pulling to the right intermittently...it seems to pull, then let off, then pull to the right again, quite frequently...brakes dont seem to be grabbing.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this??

Mud build up? brake slightly warped?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the wheel, cant see anything that looks wrong...wernt using the brakes so dont think its brakes...Almost feels like the AWD kicks in and out??

Maybe a wire going to the transfer case broken?

if you put it into AWD does it still do it?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 500 use to do that on occasion, use to drive me nuts. never really figured it out. are both front tires driving, or just one?

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it does that does it help to put it in reverse for about 15 seconds?? Mine used to do this also and I found that doing that would help get it out of AWD.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Thanks all...

Turns out we blew the drivers side front CV joint...wow, not a cheap fix...This one is going back, we bought a 2011 Honda Foreman yesterday, should be good to go now!!

Again, thanks for all the advice!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it does that does it help to put it in reverse for about 15 seconds?? Mine used to do this also and I found that doing that would help get it out of AWD.

I forgot about that as well, putting in reverse momentarily helped .

Top Bottom