Speedo not working on 08 summit xp

znowman_9

Reaction score
My top sprocket got rounded off on my summit an all the filings ended up accumulating on the four magnets on the plastic plug in the end of the track shaft. My guess is that it built up so much that speed sensor couldn't detect it anymore so I cleaned it off good and put it all back together but the speedo still reads 0. Is there a fuse somewhere in that circuit that blew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be the pick up on the chain case cover or the magnetic pickups on the driveshaft end have a bunch of junk on them that is causing you grief

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might just need a clean up on pickup and magnet, has happened to me on the past as well, 20 minute job

znowman_9

Reaction score
And now I realize I posted this thread in the mx category. Prob anticipation in takin delivery of my xm freeride.

I did clean it off good tho. Does the ECM take some time "notice" a reading after a lil bit. I ran it on the lift a bit and the needle doesnt move.
Kinda frustrating since I just put new oil in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been able to salvage new oil by tipping the sled on its side and resting the handle bar on something and lifting the back of the track up and resting I on something too. That way all the oil just rests inside he case with minimal to no loss

znowman_9

Reaction score
I have been able to salvage new oil by tipping the sled on its side and resting the handle bar on something and lifting the back of the track up and resting I on something too. That way all the oil just rests inside he case with minimal to no loss

Heck now there's an idea. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

lmg225

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my sled and ended up changing the sensor on the gear case cover

Top Bottom