Speed traps

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok lets help each other out. We all tend to pick up the pace so here are some of the speed traps i have sponsered. The west side of coaldale at the tree store, Grain elevators at coaldale, west side of taber by Summit motors truck shop, east side of taber by the traval lodge, crownest trail in lethbridge by the water tower,across from the mall,and when you just enter lethbridge from the west, hiway 22 by longview, Brocket, add all you can to the list.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
ok lets help each other out. We all tend to pick up the pace so here are some of the speed traps i have sponsered. The west side of coaldale at the tree store, Grain elevators at coaldale, west side of taber by Summit motors truck shop, east side of taber by the traval lodge, crownest trail in lethbridge by the water tower,across from the mall,and when you just enter lethbridge from the west, hiway 22 by longview, Brocket, add all you can to the list.

Get a good radar detector....

5+ years, no tickets...just sayin

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I know you Albertans are in a hurry to go to work and have to speed. Keep the economy going.

I gave that up and generally travel the speed limit plus the 10% they give you. Have only got 1 ticket in 17 years...touch wood!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you Albertans are in a hurry to go to work and have to speed. Keep the economy going.

I gave that up and generally travel the speed limit plus the 10% they give you. Have only got 1 ticket in 17 years...touch wood![/QUOTE

that goes more at what ya drive instead of how ya drive

just so ya know the go fast pedal is the one on the right

:d:d:d:beer::beer::beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I gave that up and generally travel the speed limit plus the 10% they give you. Have only got 1 ticket in 17 years...touch wood![/QUOTE

that goes more at what ya drive instead of how ya drive

just so ya know the go fast pedal is the one on the right

:d:d:d:beer::beer::beer:

you're pretty sharp and cheeky today 'eh:beer::beer::beer:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally in how not what you drive. I use to be a little wreckless, will admitt, but after several tickets and some scaaaaaaary close calls I would rather be a little late then not at all. Its far better to plan ahead, take the time rather then pay the fine. More people are injured or killed every single day driving to and from work then actually at the work place.

Just saying..........

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with FS. I have 0 tickets in 15+ years. I do 130 in the 110 and have passed many a trap. Only once have I had a cop even motion for me to slow down.
It's the guys that have to push it beyond what is safe...especially when your pullin the trailer. I love getting passed by the lifted diesel pulling the 4 place enclosed on the blind corner at 150 just because they can. :nono:

And you wonder how we sledders get a bad name. :rant:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with FS. I have 0 tickets in 15+ years. I do 130 in the 110 and have passed many a trap. Only once have I had a cop even motion for me to slow down.
It's the guys that have to push it beyond what is safe...especially when your pullin the trailer. I love getting passed by the lifted diesel pulling the 4 place enclosed on the blind corner at 150 just because they can. :nono:

im too cheap too pull my trailer over 100 truck like the gas too much

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always has to resort back to that eh.

im too cheap too pull my trailer over 100 truck like the gas too much

Haha amen to that.

One ticket in the last 4 years of having my license, 67km in a 50 zone.

I think people grow to dependent on radar detector's, always look around before putting the pedal down.

My buddy told me the Police have to radar check you 3 times in order to be able to charge you. Whats your take on that?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really!!!!! whats the point of speeding.... so you get there 10-20 min faster is it really worth the worry of getting a ticket. I go to golden a lot and the guys I go with have time to order and get there sub at Subway before im rolling in... were at the hill at the same time
My 2 cents

crowdoo

Reaction score
just a heads up for any going threw crowsnest the "MAN" seems to be getting speeders along hwy3 lately.have seen them getn a few, west end of coleman.maybe there a new rule that 60km really means 60km :eek:

Top Bottom