Spark Plug Is Dry As A Bone!

Bootsmalone

Reaction score
I went out to start my 2003 summit this morning. I gave her a few pulls and she wont fire, I replaced the plugs and tried again........nothing, I pulled the plugs and found they were as dry as a popcorn fart!! anyone have a cure for my poor old girl?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I went out to start my 2003 summit this morning. I gave her a few pulls and she wont fire, I replaced the plugs and tried again........nothing, I pulled the plugs and found they were as dry as a popcorn fart!! anyone have a cure for my poor old girl?

Try a little fuel down the cylinders. Did you use stabilizer in it when storing??, It does have fuel in the tank right lol.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
keep pulling, the float bowls are dry, if you like put a small amount of fuel down the holes to help prime the system, also check to see if there is fuel in the unit....just sayin

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
not sure what your fuel set up is... but last year I had to pull the lines for my primer and manually inject the fuel... my primer was airlocked....

might not be any help for you but anyone who has a primer, if she's not getting fuel this might be why.. took me 2 hours to figure it out and 3 mins to fix it....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what your fuel set up is... but last year I had to pull the lines for my primer and manually inject the fuel... my primer was airlocked....

might not be any help for you but anyone who has a primer, if she's not getting fuel this might be why.. took me 2 hours to figure it out and 3 mins to fix it....

its alot easier to just remove the fuel cap and blow into the tank and giver a couple pumps and away she will go.but i dont think his year had the primer anymore anyhow.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
03 dosnt have a primer. just the choke. put in some fresh fuel, turn on the choke and pull like 40 times;)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
its alot easier to just remove the fuel cap and blow into the tank and giver a couple pumps and away she will go.but i dont think his year had the primer anymore anyhow.

woulda been nice to know LAST YEAR.....lol

Bootsmalone

Reaction score
Hahaha thanks guys, I put new fuel in it and kill switch is out, it has good blue spark and still no fuel at plugs, as for gas in plug holes should I just put some in with the plugs when I turn her over?

Sun Sport

Reaction score
It is getting pretty cold here in alberta , I would say she might be frozen,if you can put her in the heat for a while and use some Gas line anti-freeze (for 2 strokes!!) she should be good.They accumulate lots of moisture when they sit.To get it going put some gas down the spark plug holes then put spark plugs in and pull the cord.:d:d:beer:

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had about 70 pulls into my 2000 700 before i said p!$$ on it and put some fuel down the cylinders (doesn't take much), kept the choke on full, and right away it ran for a couple of seconds. From there, I kept pulling, and it fired up a few pulls later. Between the fogging in the spring, the high ratio of fuel stabilizer, and the fuel being evaporated in the carbs, it takes a lot of pulls, or just do the fuel in the cylinders trick right away.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
keep pulling, the float bowls are dry, if you like put a small amount of fuel down the holes to help prime the system, also check to see if there is fuel in the unit....just sayin

Super advice...Pulled my daughters sled about 100 times (it has always started real easy), wouldnt go, then unloaded it from trailer to work on it in the garage...still no go...she comes out, looks at it and says 'Dad, its out of gas remember'? WTF...Last ride of the year she ran it out and I guess I didnt think to check...

Feeling pretty dumb...

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super advice...Pulled my daughters sled about 100 times (it has always started real easy), wouldnt go, then unloaded it from trailer to work on it in the garage...still no go...she comes out, looks at it and says 'Dad, its out of gas remember'? WTF...Last ride of the year she ran it out and I guess I didnt think to check...

Feeling pretty dumb...

I hate it when that happen! My kids remember stuff that I've forgotten as well. There good to have around most times!

Top Bottom