South Saskatchewan Regional Plan -DRAFT

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All got an email from the South Saskatchewan Regional Plan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> .... Good Afternoon,

I am pleased to inform you that today the Government of Alberta released the draft South Saskatchewan Regional Plan for feedback from Albertans. We have arrived at this day after a great deal of hard work and a lot of time spent talking to Albertans about the regional plan for the southern part of our province. I appreciate the time and effort you have committed to this important initiative.

Beginning next month, we will again be in many southern Alberta communities to talk about the draft regional plan. I hope you will be able to attend one or more of our sessions and share your views. I would also ask your assistance in letting others know about the sessions – all the information is to be found at www.landuse.alberta.ca

I hope to see you soon and continue our conversation about the draft regional plan for southern Alberta.

Bev Yee
Stewardship Commissioner

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to bring this back to the top.

public consultation on the draft is Nov 13 for calgary at the glenmore inn.

I would hope some people here will be there.
Public Consultation: Draft South Saskatchewan Regional Plan | field notes

Alot of people seem to think that this effect backcountry use, which it does. But from my gathering it is about land use, rights, and access. This topic is clouded over by water issues, they are using water issues as the driving force. And if i am not mistaken most water related issues are federal, not provincial matters. With that being said, not only is it going to effect outdoor use but albertas industry. Think of what it will do to the oilfield and farming industry, there is a land use conflict right there and these instrusties are heavy water users.

Top Bottom