South Peace Caribou Draft.

CRF

Reaction score
I just received the following Mountain Caribou Draft for the South Peace. This is very concerning to all Sledders that ride these areas.

Chetwynd Pine Valley Snowmobile Club through BCSF will work very hard to mantain our rights to access the back country. Constructive feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• The Draft Peace Northern Caribou Plan.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 126

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there anything that we can do to help like buying a membership?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should say Cougar instead of unknown predator.

They can usually figure out if it's a Cougar kill. Wolf kill can be a little more difficult sometimes. One of the South Purcell herd got killed by a Wolverine a few years ago. Don't know how they figured that one out.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder with the increased oilfield activity in the Narraway and Quintette areas, how that is being considered in this? I have seen many boo in these areas, very few migrating from one are to another, even over 5 years. The animals are curious by nature, it would be intersting to see why the same 10 or so, never leave the areas I ride? The ones I see are very healthy and only move 1km or so to ovide sledders, come back the next day and they go back to there feeding. I would feel that the noise we create is only helping the heards notice small threat from a real threat? I have seen big heards, real big, most of which are drawn to see what the rhuckus is or why that salt on the roads tastes much better than the year befor, curious, curious, they will always move, therefor there numbers will change, not from a small sledding comunity, maybe industry/progression?

Paul

Top Bottom