Sorry another NOOB question..

hofney

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but here goes
When securing your ATV on a trailer is it better to connect the straps to the chassis or the suspension?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always tie mine down through the hitch on the back, and a hook it has on the front. So chassis for me.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go through the hitch on the back and bumper on back. I use 2" straps cause i have seen some of the 1' ones break if you hit a good bump and the suspension on the atv dips then slams the strap and breaks it.

kawboy

Reaction score
I use 1 900lb pull strap per corner, (to the chassis) "pull" straps so you cant get it too tight. That way they aren't piano string tight (already closer to breaking strength). Its more forgiving if you hit a bump! I have not yet seen one break yet. Ratchet straps are a different story, people love to crank them till they cant any more, I've seen 2 ratchets break one we caught and stopped without incident, the other wrote off a 08 bf 750 with 100 km on it (not mine, I was following). It was the back bike of 6 on a long flat deck trailer, hit a bump and snapped the ratchet straps that were on the back, then drug along for a wayse by the winch cable. Lime green plastic looks wierd smeered down the ashphalt.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was bored one day are looked through my quads owners manual and it shows the chasis

Top Bottom