? @#$! son of a!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just put 05X rev(carbon) back together,pulled over and back fired like never seen before:eek:There is some oil under right cylinder(standing on sled),under the Y pipe,and plugs where oily wet black?.I have know clue.theres still good compression.Is this symptom of rings going?can post pic if it helps.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05x motor.I had some carbon damage so i had pulled motor,fixed damage,put motor back in and pulled over and back fired ilded fine but when giving more gas it back fired and bogged out,with oil slapter under Y pipe.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like timing is out to me if rings were going you wouldn't have good compression. And poor rings won't cause it backfire.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was your fly wheel off? Mine did the exact same thing. I had two engines apart at the same time, grabbed the wrong fly and put it on, fit great but I got the same effect that you are experiencing now. I swore at it for a few days until I realized what I did.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what should I be looking for when getting fly wheel off,as for wear,broken parts.or what do you replace?and if timing is out who,s best for spec,s getting answer from shop....well i guess helps not free....

Last edited:

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just check that the halfmoon key on the crank lines up with the slot on the flywheel. Having a major brain fart, can't remember his name. Martin West Edmonton. He has been there forever, when I remember his name, I will update the post.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you thinking of jerry and or mark at martins on the west end?:beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This might sound like a real stupid ? But just thought of it. Are your spark plug wires on the proper plug? easy enough to mix up and stupid enough problem to not think about it.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotter guy's,thanks for all the help,work my way up frm stater and ???? got good spark started up and runs like it should.hard to hold on to.braaaap!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotter guy's,thanks for all the help,work my way up frm stater and ???? got good spark started up and runs like it should.hard to hold on to.braaaap!

So...loose wire then somewhere?

Top Bottom