Solid spring upgrade for a TRA clutch???

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some advice on a solid spring upgrading to the primary clutch on a 2000 700cc Summit. I have extended the track from 136” to a 151” x 2” (2.52 pitch); gearing is now 20/44 in the chain case. This is my wife’s sled and my spare, any advice is welcome. :confused:

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I mean is, "BEST" cost effective up grade that I can do to the primary clutch. I am looking for some ones opinion as to what spring, ramp or weights to run in the primary that’s all. I don’t want to spend a lot but if I have to I will spend what is necessary in order to get it to perform well. It’s my wife’s sled so I don’t have to get carried away. Opinions are welcome.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the stock spring in the primary. It's "almond" I think. I take it apart every year or two and replace the spring and whatever else is needed. It has been troublefree. I did replace the secondary with a Team and I am very happy with that combination. I ride at 5-6000 feet around McKenzie, BC. The shifting is almost perfect and it is very easy on belts.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I went with a Cudney clutch in mine. (Bill Cudney@ cudney racing). Or talk to DJ for your clutch. Bills was just weights and springs, both primary and secondary should be done. DJ will likely be all of the above plus ramps. Either will do you well. I think it was well worth it. :beer:

Top Bottom