So where do you lag bolt a license plate on a new Doo....

Hotwheels81

Reaction score
Yeah... Gott's me some self tapper Robertson wafer screws an need to put the ole gooberment tax grab awn the new 850... As much as I'd like to just PL er JB it to the under side of the tunnel I'm gunna doubt it would stay there long... Where's a good spot... Sorry I know a good spot... Where's everybody mounting the plate so it's visible.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never mount mine. Always put em under the seat or in my bag. Never had an issue

x2, dont mount it. Just be able to produce it. Last time I got checked, I told them no way in hell was I going to drill holes in a 17000$ sled. They understood. Until they tell you to mount it I wouldn't and even after they tell you I would ignore.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 I haven't put a plate on my sleds in 20years. Yes they are were all registered.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
47d23708e40b030467e52ec7b3055ce2.jpg

3c4217ad5d602d39acc9e0522a2346fc.jpg

Had to grind the side of the plate for snug fit, if they want to see it remove the cover

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2, dont mount it. Just be able to produce it. Last time I got checked, I told them no way in hell was I going to drill holes in a 17000$ sled. They understood. Until they tell you to mount it I wouldn't and even after they tell you I would ignore.
Exactly, and I follow up by saying that they should make a sticker.
Then they agree how dumb the plate is.

Hotwheels81

Reaction score
....I'm kinda surprised with the way things are going that manufacturers don't build a plate mount into the sled... Even my RZR was a bit of a pain to bolt a plate to..

Kakwasledder

Reaction score
I drill two holes in the snow flap, put the plate under the seat, then when asked for it pull it out and plead the 5th about how lucky you were to find it on the trail a hour ago when it came off the flap.

That's Awesome.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my plate into a decal shop and had them scan it and make a decal. it is not legal, but if they see the sticker and you have the paper work to back it up they don't complain.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my plate into a decal shop and had them scan it and make a decal. it is not legal, but if they see the sticker and you have the paper work to back it up they don't complain.

That is clever. How much does that cost?

novakj

Reaction score
so I took a photo of mine, printed a small version of it, and then taped it to the side of the tunnel using clear packing tape. Its' not the real thing but at least they can see I have a registered machine. If they want to press me, I carry the plate in my truck.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trimmed the edges of the plate until it fit in the upper center depression of the snow flap. pop riveted in place with 5 large backer washers on each sidea.
lasted all last year.
I like the decal idea posted above the best!

Top Bottom