So what is with the cover up

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like the legionaires disease thread has hit the cutting room floor? so if the hot tub in question has been given the "health board approval". just where did the unfortunate sledder get this disease. maybe we need CSI to investigate. so due to everything being super OK, where in valemount did the infectious disease come from? can anyone explain or is this to be hush hush, is big brother in the house or what.

Last edited:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who says it come from valemont ... could of been anywhere

looks like the legionaires disease thread has hit the cutting room floor? so if the hot tub in question has been given the "health board approval". just where did the unfortunate sledder get this disease. maybe we need CSI to investigate. so due to everything being super OK, where in valemount did the infectious disease come from? can anyone explain or is this to be hush hush, is big brother in the house or what.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time frame doesn't fit. circumstances sure do. guess we should find out, although by now all evidence should have disappeared, just to protect the innocent as they say.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is why the health board is investigating the matter. To find out if it infact did come from vale or if was somewhere else that the guy got it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe he was with a lady of the evening

in an evening hot tub. hehe. looks like something may have been exchanged. (sorry this situation is not funny.)

so if they are investigating why did they leave town, are they going to edmonton, sounds like the investigation is over to me. good thing it hit the news or they wouldn't have need to investigate in the first place.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't see it as valmont hating, looking for some answers, not interested in "don't worry be happy"

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't see it as valmont hating, looking for some answers, not interested in "don't worry be happy"

That was my thought... So they didn't find the source: why dont they keep looking? Legionnaire's is serious business and eradicating the source should be a priority. It's not about Valemount hating: it's about truth.

Besides, if they found conclusively that the source was somewhere other than Valemount, that would be a clear advantage for that little town. Right now people are leery with no real conclusions or evidence to prove that it's been cleaned up :(

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know forsure that they better find where it came from ... not only for the guy but for the rest of us ....

i won't be going to valemount till they find it.... not taking the risk at all

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in Valemount and would still like to know where and when it was contracted so I can make proper hotel recommendations to my buddies when they come up... This is some scary chit

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree, how would ya feel if one of them caught the illness. hopefully they can find the cause and fix it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read that there were 9 cases of Legionnaires disease in Alberta last year resulting in one death. No idea if they came from 9 different places or all from one place. Probably from multiple sources which would mean it is possible to have a 'one off' where one person comes in contact with the bacteria and then the source goes away. I'm not sure why everyone is assuming that this happened because of negligence on the part of someone. This bacteria occurs in nature, doesn't just appear out of nowhere. It's just a matter of (bad) luck if a person comes into contact with it. Seems like everyone wants someone to blame. Sometimes bad chit happens to good people and it isn't anyones fault. The fact that there has only been 1 case to date with the amount of traffic that has been going through Valemount would indicate to me that the source has been eliminated, wether by accident or whatever. They are not dealing with a pandemic here, just one isolated case (as unfortunate as it is)as far as anyone knows.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably never even started in Valemount.

Top Bottom